• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differential Gears.

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Were do you guys buy your gears?

A few months ago I ordered a few pieces from Just Differential for a JK rear and received promptly. Great service. The diff is under the XJ for about 10,000 miles.

A month ago, I ordered $700+ dollars of gears, complete overhaul kit and other pieces from them. Paid up via PayPal. Two weeks later, I heard nothing from them. I followed up with phone messages and emails. No one responded. One day I remained on the pone for about 20 minutes and finally there was a live person on the other end. I explained to the gentleman my dilemma, gave him my order number and PayPal receipt number. He looked it up, verified it to be correct and promised to ship the order. A few days ago, I received a refund from them via PayPal,...no explanation, no note, nothing.

I am disappointed that our NAXJA vendor threat their customers that way. Most disappointing is, I used them because they are on the list of NAXJA vendors. I must admit, everything that I ordered from other vendors to put the JK D44 under my XJ were received in one week or less which includes vendors who said they had a long lead time.

I am in the market again for a differential gear vendor that is more responsive than Just Differential. I may order from an Amazon vendor and get free shipping via my Amazon Prime membership.

I always decide on the brand first and then hit the web for the best price, if in question I always call to see if the item in stock because that's not always the case.

Very few hard parts are available now.

I've ordered AFR heads and I know I'll wait months for the order to be fulfilled.

Cams and lifters..........NLA...........Howards isn't even answering their phones anymore. And this applies to every manufacture..........NLA.

Kind of surprised some of you are just now catching on.

Scamdemic and some of you voted for this shit.

That sucks to hear. I’ve ordered tons of gear sets and rebuild kits through Just Differentials and always had great customer service. Maybe give East Coast Gear Supply a try. They’ve treated me well in the past as well.

I've ordered AFR heads and I know I'll wait months for the order to be fulfilled.

Cams and lifters..........NLA...........Howards isn't even answering their phones anymore. And this applies to every manufacture..........NLA.

They probably just don't like making deliveries on Clear Creek Rd!

I do understand parts for the XJ are few and hard to come by. However, the parts I ordered were for the JK Rubicon front differential all of which are listed on their web site.

That sucks to hear. I’ve ordered tons of gear sets and rebuild kits through Just Differentials and always had great customer service. Maybe give East Coast Gear Supply a try. They’ve treated me well in the past as well.

I too ordered parts from ECGS and have had a great experience with them. They are on my sort list of suppliers.

I do understand parts for the XJ are few and hard to come by. However, the parts I ordered were for the JK Rubicon front differential all of which are listed on their web site.

I too ordered parts from ECGS and have had a great experience with them. They are on my sort list of suppliers.

Material shortage across the board, all manufactures are effected, have been effected for months....actually for the most part of a year.

It's now catching up to everyone.

I ordered an intake from AFR, SBC, dual plane.......pretty common intake.
They had 10 total available, I got one of them.

It's pretty bad when a supplier for SBC, a supplier as big as AFR has stock in the single digits to serve an entire country the size of ours.

BTW, if you guys have not kept up with this-
https://www.sema.org/epa-news

It is not only about racing.
It's about the gov attacking producers of performance parts, aftermarket parts.

It's about getting all of us out of our off-road and street machines.

There's a lot of information out there.............YT, plenty of vids of those who have been fined and so forth.

Look for parts to become scarce and expensive in the future....for all of us.

I don't get it, I can have a set delivered by Monday?

I don't know what it is you don't get?

I needed ARP 4 bolt mains and head bolts.

EVERYONE is out.

I found mine the old fashioned way by calling around the country.

If they are out for SBC.........that means there is limited supply for the 4.0

If this keeps up......you'll be in the same position as I am 6 months from now.

Just because you can get it today does not mean you can get it tomorrow.

Supply is thin.

Material shortage across the board, all manufactures are effected, have been effected for months....actually for the most part of a year.

It's now catching up to everyone.

I ordered an intake from AFR, SBC, dual plane.......pretty common intake.
They had 10 total available, I got one of them.

It's pretty bad when a supplier for SBC, a supplier as big as AFR has stock in the single digits to serve an entire country the size of ours.

I do understand what you are saying. My gripe is, Just Differential have my phone number, mailing address, ship to address and email address. This was confirmed when I spoke with them on the phone 2 weeks after the order was placed. It was all there from a previous order and of course the present order. They could have contacted me to let me know they do not have the parts I ordered. Instead, 4 weeks later they refunded my money via PayPal with not a single word from them.

The problem is the small sellers don't actually stock anything, especially not specialty items. They're either ordering from their supplier and hoping it shows up on their delivery that week or drop shipping right from the manufacturer.

My last 3 Amazon orders that were no-shows claimed to be in stock, and the vendor either flat out lied about the shipping or admitted that they couldn't get the part. Oddly enough the last item I ordered on eBay got shipped from Amazon. It was another seller that doesn't stock anything at all, and they just list things for more than Amazon and pocket the difference after eBay takes their cut. In this case the difference was under a buck.

Back