• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offroad lights

94XJ2door5speed said:
I have 5 100watt KC Dayliters on the roof rack that i use for the same reason lol. To bad i got stopped for no covers on all 7 of my lights(could have been a fine of $250 a light!!!) Luckily instead he wrote down i ran a red light. Saved me a whole lotta cash.

That's why I leave the covers on unless it's at night and i'm at home where there are a lot of deer on the roads, or i'm coming down the highway going back to school. All the Jeeps I see running around here with no covers on the lights....there's no reason why I should get a ticket.

94XJ2door5speed said:
I have 5 100watt KC Dayliters on the roof rack that i use for the same reason lol. To bad i got stopped for no covers on all 7 of my lights(could have been a fine of $250 a light!!!) Luckily instead he wrote down i ran a red light. Saved me a whole lotta cash.

You took a moving violation over an equipment violation?! Were the lights on?

I have 2 KC 150 watt lights. They are the only lights I will go with because they are a sealed beam light, they can't get mud and water inside of the reflector like a H3 or H4 bulb light can. Plus they are extremely bright and last forever, I am still on my same set of bulbs from 3 years ago and I use them alot!

I run the Hella FF300 driving lights on my grill guard. You should be able to get them on just the bumper. They are BRIGHT! I use them every morning on my way to work with my high beams (can't really tell that my high beams are even on). They do have to be turned off when there is oncoming traffic. They pattern is top notch. The reflector spreads some of the light out and also shoots a spot beam. I have mine pointed pretty far ahead at the ditches, saved me from hitting a lot of deer so far. I got mine off eBay for $80, there is a guy on there that sells Hella lights, shows he don't don't have any right now but he prolly will get some more.
eBay seller store: http://stores.ebay.com/PTC-FACTORY-OUTLET
if not here is another good place
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/ff300.asp

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

DanMan2k06 said:
haha in the one pic it looks like the cannon is mounted on your roof

Hmmm that may be an idea for my Dads deer stand. A swivel mount or a rifle rest on the old XJ with a nice seat. Get him back where the deer are then lol:gee:

I have 2 KC Daylighters on my factory bumper. The mounts do hang over a little but but I just crank them down tight. Works great

A friend of mine has 3 Hella H4 7inch lights off of his old rallye saab900 that I'm looking at adding to the XJ. Maybe sometime down the road I could throw a nice set of projectors in them.

~Alex

Back