• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official MWC Pig Gig thread

No pig yet. Jim is in Michigan all week for work. We'll get the piggy details of the hog worked out when he gets back. It won't be a problem, we gots hoggy farms all over around here.

If you want some Clay County Caviar, you'll have to be there.:D

Someone needs to bring plates, forks, spoons, and nakins.

I'll get the charcoal Trav.

Prepmech said:
We'll also need someone to bring some buns, and a large quantity of "Sweet Baby Rays".

I'll get the sauce and charcoal. 60lbs of charcoal should be plenty right Trav? IIRC, we used 40lb last year.

17th Street sells sauce as well.
I'm not sharing my home stash though.:D

Lets not forget to get donations this time. Last year, we totally forgot about it until most everyone had left. There were a few very generous donors, and with that we barely broke even. I plan to get a piggy bank. Paint it black and slap a MWC sticker on it. That's where the donations need to go. I wouldn't mind giving a little monetary thank you to Jims mother. She's been generous enough to let us use her property and barn, the least we could do it cover the cost of the water and power we'll use.

Last edited:
How late of a day does this shin-dig last? Is it an all nighter, or do things wind up fairly early? Just checking before I make plans to drive that far.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
How late of a day does this shin-dig last? Is it an all nighter, or do things wind up fairly early? Just checking before I make plans to drive that far.

No set plans really. We started winding down about dark last year. Then we sat around for a few hours of chit-chat.
Sean and Lar slept in the driveway last time.

HaleYes said:
Lets not forget to get donations this time. Last year, we totally forgot about it until most everyone had left. There were a few very generous donors, and with that we barely broke even. I plan to get a piggy bank. Paint it black and slap a MWC sticker on it. That's where the donations need to go. I wouldn't mind giving a little monetary thank you to Jims mother. She's been generous enough to let us use her property and barn, the least we could do it cover the cost of the water and power we'll use.

X2

Super nice lady.

Rev

My buddy who might be coming with asked me an interesting question...

Is there a caliber limit???

I told him I didn't think so, but if he was planning on bringing a bazooka, he needed to get enough rockets for everyone to shoot..... :spin1:

w_howey said:
My buddy who might be coming with asked me an interesting question...

Is there a caliber limit???

I told him I didn't think so, but if he was planning on bringing a bazooka, he needed to get enough rockets for everyone to shoot..... :spin1:

Bingo.

FYI:
I know the location of 2 Barrett .50 cals. :D They're aren't too far away either.

Prepmech said:
Sounds like you guys need to make some 1" thick slinger dingers this year.

Doubtful.

Have you priced steel lately?

I'll be surpried if someone hasn't stolen our dingers for scrap!

HaleYes said:
Doubtful.

Have you priced steel lately?

I'll be surpried if someone hasn't stolen our dingers for scrap!

They are still there. We have plenty of tree stumps for the bazooka & the .50s. JIM.

the 31st is on the calender..
i plan on running down in the mmorning and back that night since its sunday.
Anyone else running down in the morning, maybe ill follow if you know the way..

alwaysready said:
the 31st is on the calender..
i plan on running down in the mmorning and back that night since its sunday.
Anyone else running down in the morning, maybe ill follow if you know the way..

31st is Saturday.

If you can get to Effingham, you've got it made.It's not hard to find. There will be signs out on Rt.45 that look like this.

100_3129.jpg

thanks Hale i have a calender right nex tot me and my mind must not have been turned on.
the 31st is sat..
so maybe ill crash up there that night well see. i guess it depends on how late it goes..

It is decided, I am going to make it, maybe with wifey in tow. Now I just hope that it is worth the 7 hour drive. After the days festivities of the shooting, are there any "adult beverages" that are to be consumed of the evening, or is it strictly a non-alcohol event. Just wanting to make sure and not to offend Jim or his family. Looking forward to the trip and event.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
It is decided, I am going to make it, maybe with wifey in tow. Now I just hope that it is worth the 7 hour drive. After the days festivities of the shooting, are there any "adult beverages" that are to be consumed of the evening, or is it strictly a non-alcohol event. Just wanting to make sure and not to offend Jim or his family. Looking forward to the trip and event.

There will be beverages. It's not a sloppy drunken party by any means. Casual, social drinking is welcome.

Back