• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Indiana wrenchfest

bgcntry72 said:
Indiana home cookin'.
Nice.
chicken_sandwich.jpg
That's right. None o that store bought steroid injected crap.
Only the freshest food hits our plates.
Although, personally, I don't like my chicken quite that rare but to each his own.

Can someone help me check my front bearings and axle joints. the wheels feel a bit loose. I can bring some Dunkin' Donuts! Thanks,

Axle joint?
I may bag on this one.
I want to wheel on the 20th, and I would hate to drive that far just to drive home again that night.
More to come.

ok, i'll take it as a no go on regearing, but how about moving shock mounts up on a 8.25 and a 44, and a little bit of body work. either way, i'll be there. directions please.

Directions:
From the People's Republic of Illinois take 94 or 80 to 394 south. 394 to the Route 30 east exit. Take Rt 30 through Dyer and Schereville to Rt 55. Turn right on 55 and go south for a couple miles. Go past the 2nd light and Helix Hydraulics (large brown building across from Bob Anderson Pontiac) is on the right.

From Indy take 65 north to 231 (Crown Point exit). Go left on 231, stay on it as it winds around till Main St. (on the courthouse square) turn right on Main St, go through town, past the Jewel supermarket, to Helix Hydraulics (large brown building across from Bob Anderson Pontiac) on the left.

219-781-7544

If you can, plan to stick around for the cookout afterwards.

forgot to ask about what time everything is going to happen? start/finish time, and cookout time? also, do i need to bring tools, food, etc...?

I can say I am 50/50.
I have to rebend some hard lines for the rear axle before I travel that far.
As usual, I will be a gametime decision.
Those who know the ways of the Houdini will understand.
BTW, how far are you from Chicago, Brad?

bgcntry72 said:
BTW, how far are you from Chicago, Brad?
I'm about a half hour from the south side.

Fuel90 said:
forgot to ask about what time everything is going to happen? start/finish time, and cookout time? also, do i need to bring tools, food, etc...?
I'll be at the shop at 8:00. There are tools avail but I'd bring your own in case there are a lot of simutanious jobs going on. As for the cookout I figure we'll be playing it by ear. Depends how much wrenching to be done.

In, one way or another. Supposed to go to South Bend that day to pick up a riding mower.

Maybe I'll bring it with me; we can swap in a trussed 8.8 w/ 33" 'zillas on it, and maybe even a flexi-cage.

how long ya think it'll take me / us to put a 2" budget Boost on my '92? I'll probably be out to Crown Point around 10ish or 11ish (I live 5 minutes away)....

....I can bring my tools, should be good enough
....anything I can bring?

...I probably will skip the cookout, no offense... I'm probably gonna have to work some saturday late afternoon/evening

GusDaDog said:
how long ya think it'll take me / us to put a 2" budget Boost on my '92?
If it's just spacers and shackles we should be able to whip it out in a couple hours at worst. Like I said before, keep spraying everything; sway bar links, front shock mounts, rear shackle bolts, etc with Kroil a couple times per day. You'll be amazed at the difference that will make.

GusDaDog said:
....anything I can bring?
Yea, a couple cases of beer, box of brats, some burgers, ribs - yea ribs sound great.
Anyone want anything else?

Fuel90 said:
MuddinXJ, Dirk, and anyone else going from indy. would you guys want to meet up somewhere and caravan up?

That would be great, but I'll be heading up Friday night to stay with a friend in Valparaiso. I'll be heading into Crown Point mid morning Saturday.

As of right now I'm still in.

I'm assuming since Jeeplas is coming the womenfolk are welcome too? My fiance decided that she would like to meet everyone also.

so what projects are on the itinerary so far besides my budget boost?

....I gotta try and find a case of Bell's Oberon...anyone had it before? The brewery was next door to my college dorm back in Michigan...good stuff....

Dirk Pitt said:
I'm assuming since Jeeplas is coming the womenfolk are welcome too? My fiance decided that she would like to meet everyone also.
The Midwest crew is the first Jeep group you're introducing your fiance to?
Not real concerned with first impressions, are you?

GusDaDog said:
....I gotta try and find a case of Bell's Oberon...anyone had it before? The brewery was next door to my college dorm back in Michigan...good stuff....
Heh..... you be a Western boy, then..... my nephew is over there now.

And, yes, Bell's is some good $hit. http://www.bellsbeer.com

kid4lyf said:
The Midwest crew is the first Jeep group you're introducing your fiance to?
Not real concerned with first impressions, are you?

I'm pretty sure she knows what to expect. :)

Back