• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

North End Meet and Greet - Aug 7th 3pm!! See first post for details!!!

What day works better for you

• Aug 6th

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Aug 7th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • another weekend

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
Where - American legion memorial park - 145 Alverson Boulevard, Everett, WA

When - Sunday Aug 7th at 3pm

There are some bbq's there and a great park for the kids, I am still waiting to hear back about the rti ramp, as I think it would be fun to see who will be ramp king this yr.

Please bring the family (if you have them) and some food for the grill, we may bring in another BBQ just in case.

Hope to see you there!!!!

If you have questions please feel free to PM me!!

Tim

Alright guys,

I wanted to start a thread (I will move later) to start getting ideas for a meet and greet for the NorthEnd. I was thinking of maybe doing some sort of scratch and dent meet at Dicks or other fine eating establishment.

What are your thoughts. And when would people be interested in getting together?

So far I think the North End has come a long way from where it used to be and we are starting to get a nice little group together up here!!!

Last edited:
Re: North End Meet and Greet - ideas

Hold it on a Sunday at XXX Rootbeer. Brenda and I have been looking for an excuse to go there.

Yes, I agree we have a good group coming together and a scratch and dent at Dicks is a great idea.
How about Saturday July 30th just to throw a date out there?
My weekends in July are fairly open and that should give me enough time to put a new steering box in the Jeep.

my other thought was to hit up some sort of public beach (mukilteo, sand point, golden gardens, alki) have a bbq and have a little fun

If we went to a Park I could bring my kids. I've always wanted to check out the American Legion Memorial Park in North Everett. It looks gorgeous and on a nice day there would be an amazing view of the Port. Good jungle gym for the kids too.

"the North End has come a long way from where it used to be and we are starting to get a nice little group together up here!!! " :D This makes me chuckle big time since I have been around for a little while! I guess perspective is everything!

We did a "scratch and Dent" show in Issaquah a number of years ago and it was a huge success (even thou the weather wasn't great). We had a RTI ramp contest, show and shine, BBQ, lots of families and kids, etc.

I would highly recommend another one of these at a park where you can BBQ, place for the kids to play, enough grass to throw a football/baseball, etc. This way people can bring the family and stay for a while. American Leagion Park is an excellent choice (there are plenty of others also that would work).

We have done plenty of meet and greets at reasturants in the past and kids get board, people leave early, it is dark, nobody meets anybody new.

Just my perspective and thoughts.
Michael

"the North End has come a long way from where it used to be and we are starting to get a nice little group together up here!!! " :D This makes me chuckle big time since I have been around for a little while! I guess perspective is everything!

We did a "scratch and Dent" show in Issaquah a number of years ago and it was a huge success (even thou the weather wasn't great). We had a RTI ramp contest, show and shine, BBQ, lots of families and kids, etc.

I would highly recommend another one of these at a park where you can BBQ, place for the kids to play, enough grass to throw a football/baseball, etc. This way people can bring the family and stay for a while. American Leagion Park is an excellent choice (there are plenty of others also that would work).

We have done plenty of meet and greets at reasturants in the past and kids get board, people leave early, it is dark, nobody meets anybody new.

Just my perspective and thoughts.
Michael

Michael,

You are probably right as it being a perception, since the Portland boys (and girls) seem to have quite the large group. After looking at past events about 3-4 years ago it looks like more people in the Puget sound area were active. How did you go about acquiring a RTI ramp?

Rich, I really like the Legion park idea, it is a perfect area for something like this. Depending on people interested and the distance they are coming from we can always pick another park around the area.

I agree you've been around a while and I consider you a senior member although my perspective is that the previous North-end group was a very close-knit and somewhat complete group. I'm glad I got to meet some of those guys before they seemed to move on. Your right, perspective is everything I guess.

Michael,

You are probably right as it being a perception, since the Portland boys (and girls) seem to have quite the large group. After looking at past events about 3-4 years ago it looks like more people in the Puget sound area were active. How did you go about acquiring a RTI ramp?

Rich, I really like the Legion park idea, it is a perfect area for something like this. Depending on people interested and the distance they are coming from we can always pick another park around the area.

Although I didn't go to the M&G I think the RTI ramp was borrowed from 4wheelparts in Lynnwood. Michael can confirm or deny....

Great Tim, I agree regarding people traveling from other locations and the possible need for an equidistant location.

Although I didn't go to the M&G I think the RTI ramp was borrowed from 4wheelparts in Lynnwood. Michael can confirm or deny....

Great Tim, I agree regarding people traveling from other locations and the possible need for an equidistant location.[/QUOTE]

There is marymoor park in Redmond if we get alot of interest from the southend

my other thought was to hit up some sort of public beach (mukilteo, sand point, golden gardens, alki) have a bbq and have a little fun

^^ This ^^
My immediate thought was to do some sort of out door BBQ. The wife and I love Golden Gardens.

Hold it on a Sunday at XXX Rootbeer. Brenda and I have been looking for an excuse to go there.

The wife and I went to XXX on Tuesday on our way back from Camano Island, had the worst service experience ever! Sat in our booth for 10 + minutes and was completely ignored, after 15 minutes the waitress finally came up to ask what we'd like, and we had to make 1 final decision so said it would be 1 second longer... she never returned... after another 20 minutes of watching her yapping her lips behind the counter, in the mean time 2 or 3 parties came in and got immediate service from the other the waitresses we just got up and left.... They weren't even busy. By the time we left I was so irate I didn't even dare say anything I was so pissed, it would have just exploded.

The wife and I went to XXX on Tuesday on our way back from Camano Island, had the worst service experience ever! Sat in our booth for 10 + minutes and was completely ignored, after 15 minutes the waitress finally came up to ask what we'd like, and we had to make 1 final decision so said it would be 1 second longer... she never returned... after another 20 minutes of watching her yapping her lips behind the counter, in the mean time 2 or 3 parties came in and got immediate service from the other the waitresses we just got up and left.... They weren't even busy. By the time we left I was so irate I didn't even dare say anything I was so pissed, it would have just exploded.
was she hot?

The waitress or my wife??
:laugh:

Umm.... yes... wait, crap, the wife is looking, the waitress no, the wife yes :conceited:shhh:

No but honestly, I really don't remember... I was pissed :flamemad: :laugh2:

I dont know about XXX... when I went there I had horrid service and to be perfectly honest the burger wasnt that great. I'd prefer the park idea so families are more willing to come and enjoy the day

If its on a Sunday I will go. Highly doubtful I could make a Saturday event.

Holding it at a park is a great idea. I bet we could drag quite a few "south end'ers" up for it.

im down for it. park or other wise. and if we do it soon enough could a " south ender" bring some doors and hopefully a bumper up?

I'm in as long as it's not next weekend. I missed the last one because of a wood cutting party I have on the same weekend every year. I agree with the BBQ idea, every body brings their own meat (or meat substitute :shiver:) and beverage and then a community side dish (pot luck style american gathering?)

Sorry I havn't been on here to add info.

Yes the RTI ramp was borrowed from 4 wheel parts. This may or may not still be an option (someone would have to talk with them about this). I used to have a second source but they won't lend it anymore due to liability.

Where ever you decide to do this you need to get permission from the park/county/department.

We considered Marymoor in the past but it was VERY expensive. I recommend you talk with the Everett Parks Department about what you want to do and how many people you expect to have, there may be a fee depending on how many people you are talking about.

HTH,
Michael

Sorry I havn't been on here to add info.

Yes the RTI ramp was borrowed from 4 wheel parts. This may or may not still be an option (someone would have to talk with them about this). I used to have a second source but they won't lend it anymore due to liability.

Where ever you decide to do this you need to get permission from the park/county/department.

We considered Marymoor in the past but it was VERY expensive. I recommend you talk with the Everett Parks Department about what you want to do and how many people you expect to have, there may be a fee depending on how many people you are talking about.

HTH,
Michael

Only need to do this if you are renting a covered area. My sister works for Everett Parks and she said everything else in a park is first come first serve.

Back