• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to the NAXJA

vbXJ0619

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everybody. Just registered tonight and I'm stoked to be here. Bought my first Jeep (93 XJ) earlier this year to use as a DD. Well you can guess what happened...I got bitten by the Jeep bug and here I am. Not too much to talk about with the rig yet. Most of the work done so far has been normal maintenance to get the old girl road worthy again. I did swap out stock wheels and tires for a set of stock JK gear that I got off a guy for $250. They only had 5K miles on them and he had all 5 so I bit. Fenders have been cut and rolled and I'm waiting to order a new tcase chain as mine is stretched. All 7 u-joints are brand new and the shocks just got done as well as oil pan and valve cover gaskets. She's at 201K and still chugging. Anyway, like I said I'm stoked to be a part of this group and look forward to talking (and hopefully wheeling) with you guys soon.

Welcome aboard!

I'm in VA Beach. Let me know if you ever need a hand with anything.

Nick

Shorty is in VB as well.
Word. As soon as I get the cash I'll be doing a 2" to properly clear those JK tires. They ride great on the street but I know as soon as I unhook the sway bar and start flexing they're going to rub. I also have to replace the tcase chain and open the diffs to make sure everything is in good shape. I think the front may need new tube seals. Do you think I should step up to 410s? It will probably only see about 5 to 10% trail time so I'm not sure what to do

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Word. As soon as I get the cash I'll be doing a 2" to properly clear those JK tires. They ride great on the street but I know as soon as I unhook the sway bar and start flexing they're going to rub. I also have to replace the tcase chain and open the diffs to make sure everything is in good shape. I think the front may need new tube seals. Do you think I should step up to 410s? It will probably only see about 5 to 10% trail time so I'm not sure what to do

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I ditched the stock shafts years ago and went RCV's, on the trail rig with 35's, locked/locked. On my daily driver, which is still stock, and sees as much off road as my trail rig but nothing too hard. Its on 30's and open/open so not too worried about that one

Back