• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW SNORKEL (homemade) links to pics...

rcmf5525 said:
I have no intentions of going through and really deep water. I wish people who post in these threads would read the whole thing....
believe me... intentions are one thing but you'll get stuck..... I had no intentions to go through water either but I ended up with an inch of water inside and had to dry the carpet for like 2 weeks!

Markos said:
I'm assuming that you are referring to something like this, found on an Isuzu NPR.

2154803807_a756984046_o.jpg

I know that you were just referring to the snorkle cap. Just in case anyone is getting ideas, ther is one thing to remember. Although the filter is 'behind the truck', it's actaully very close to the intake manifold. The entire cab tilts forward to access the engine.

Yea, similar, some have 'sexier' looking ones similar to the ARB though.

I made some changes. Routed the flexable pipe into the stock air box and removed the K&N. I also used a 22' elbow on the external up pipe to get it closer to being online with my A-piller. Still need to get some sort of cap for the top. I will post new pics tomorrow.

rcmf5525 said:
I made some changes. Routed the flexable pipe into the stock air box and removed the K&N. I also used a 22' elbow on the external up pipe to get it closer to being online with my A-piller. Still need to get some sort of cap for the top. I will post new pics tomorrow.

Leave the airbox top alone, just route the snorkel hose thru the back of the air box and take a piece of plastic or sheet metal, drill a hole thru it, run a bolt with a wing nut to close it off.

rcmf5525 said:
I wish people who post in these threads would read the whole thing....

Most of us do !! Now you are insulting those who do not deserve it! WTF!!:dunno:

RichP said:
Leave the airbox top alone, just route the snorkel hose thru the back of the air box and take a piece of plastic or sheet metal, drill a hole thru it, run a bolt with a wing nut to close it off.
I think he means top of the snorkel

timk578 said:
people dont get on this website to read about others ragging on their ideas they get on for further ideas...the snorkel thing was one of the many ....all im saying is if you dont have any GOOD ideas about other peoples ideas just dont say anything. There is some very good info on this forum its saved me a couple times....but there is also just as much crap.

You're a clown. People DO get on this website to read about others ragging on people and their foolish ideas. "Tard Fest 07" That's where I found this thread. If you weren't just another leech sucking up bandwidth, you'd have an idea.

To the owner of the thread. A lot of people I know leave the factory box, holesaw the fender and box to run a bulkhead fitting. Thus, the filter remains in the engine bay, acts as the "water retainer" you're looking for and eliminates the top 2 ft of your snorkel (for the best).

Keep in mind if you're in water deep enough to drown your engine you're in water deep enough to kill your electrical system too. Buy some stock in a silicone manufacturer and seal everything up.

I guess I was lazy....I installed an ARB snorkel on my '88 rather than trying to make one on my own.

===

Anyone who has a snorkel on their rig will know what the "snorkel stare" is.
I often see people in other cars staring, pointing, and talking about my snorkel.

===

In your case...you can add laughing to that list. :roflmao:

ColoradoRaptor said:
Most of us do !! Now you are insulting those who do not deserve it! WTF!!:dunno:

Sorry, I ment the ones who dont read the entire thread..... My B!

Yes, I have had the stare/giggle quite a few times. What ever, it works. I will post some pics tonight of the changes I have made. I took the filter off the top and reintergrated the stock air box. I am going to keep the wye until I have an issue with it.

Once again, I did not plan on doing any deep water crossings. Now that I have reinstalled the air box, my original purpose for the snorkel is gone. I guess I will have to go ahead and water proof everything now so that it is fully functional.:gonnablow God knows I dont want to have anything that is not purposeful. I would really be pissed if I did not enjoy all of this....

timk578 said:
Im so sick of you guys bashing everyones ideas... how about you get off your lazy asses and try to build something better .....

doesnt change the fact that his ride is Honky with a capitol H.
think dude, think

its not a great attempt but its a start just needs to be perfected somewhat and if that is actually abs and not pvc you can get a longer straight piece and use a heat gun to bend it and form it the way you want quite easily that would eliminate the bulky connections and would look alot better. on an added note i think it is quite unproductive to bash peoples work criticizing is one thing but simply bashing imo is uncalled for just my 2 cents

jeep/bronco said:
...bashing imo is uncalled for...

I call for it! :D

url

I think that somewhere along the way some have diducted that I actually give a crap if anyone thinks that it looks good. I dont recall asking what anyone thought. It works and I made it. That is all that matters to me. It does not 'need' anything. Sure, it is not pretty. I guess that is what you pay the extra $240 for, looks. Now back to the shop...

rcmf5525 said:
"...some have deducted that I actually give a crap if anyone thinks that it looks good."

Not really.
We just like making fun of other people's junk.

And if you don't "give a crap," then a few comments about your snorkel's effectiveness and aesthetics shouldn't matter.

rcmf5525 said:
"...I made it. That is all that matters to me...Now back to the shop..."

That's the spirit!
Carry on...and good luck! :thumbup:

p.s.

tube.JPG

516.gif

Last edited:
RTicUL8 said:
Not really.
We just like making fun of other people's junk.

And if you don't "give a crap," then a few comments about your snorkel's effectiveness and aesthetics shouldn't matter.

That's the spirit!
Carry on...and good luck! :thumbup:

p.s.

tube.JPG

516.gif
Seriously. Please, please, please explain why you couldn't take 5 more minutes at Home Depot to find a bend that didn't have an extra end hanging off of it. C'mon.

Back