• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW SNORKEL (homemade) links to pics...

Starscream said:
Seriously. Please, please, please explain why you couldn't take 5 more minutes at Home Depot to find a bend that didn't have an extra end hanging off of it. C'mon.

Einstien, the extra end hanging off was there to collect water that entered the snorkel. You would know that if you read the thread... Thank you for breathing...

or its a good way for someone to spray expandable foam up into the intake....then they'll be a thread on here entitled "why won't my jeep run"

Last edited:
rcmf5525 said:
Yes, I have had the stare/giggle quite a few times. What ever, it works. I will post some pics tonight of the changes I have made. I took the filter off the top and reintergrated the stock air box. I am going to keep the wye until I have an issue with it.

Once again, I did not plan on doing any deep water crossings. Now that I have reinstalled the air box, my original purpose for the snorkel is gone. I guess I will have to go ahead and water proof everything now so that it is fully functional.:gonnablow God knows I dont want to have anything that is not purposeful. I would really be pissed if I did not enjoy all of this....

Look at the bright side, you will have excellent underhood ventilation come summer time...

Creativity=A+
Asthetics=Z----
Applied Functionality=F-

Notes: I believe that although you may have put more than a small bit of thought into this.... Piece.... It suffers from a blatant lack of knowledgeable and researched application of design. It looks to insult even a Hillbilly, will more than probably break as soon as its put into harms way, and cannot but function marginally in its present form.
HOWEVER, who the hell am I? I dont HAVE a snorkel on my ThumperXJ....:gee:

yeeeee hawwwwww! ugly but if it works, function over looks, give ya props for not dropping a sh!t load on an expensive one, i think the worst looking part is the y connector but thats what makes it work how ya want i guess. A for effort, 2 F's for looks, and a B for function!
hasta

Thumpersdriver said:
It suffers from a blatant lack of knowledgeable and researched application of design.

Type 'homemade snorkel' in to the google search engine... What is lack of "knowledgeable"? LOL...

Back