• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New chapter name nominations /suggestions and discusion thread!

Ecomike said:
We could always just annex them.

Aren't we too busy seceding to annex anyone? ;)

BTW, I like the TXXJA name, too. Clean, pronouncable (Tex-Ja), and should logo out well. It doesn't show the other states, of course, but we do have a majority membership in Texas. Hmmm....

Kendrik said:
Aren't we too busy seceding to annex anyone? ;)

BTW, I like the TXXJA name, too. Clean, pronouncable (Tex-Ja), and should logo out well. It doesn't show the other states, of course, but we do have a majority membership in Texas. Hmmm....

So are we going to adopt it(TXXJA) Tex Ja sounds like a norseman trying to say Texas. C O O L....

Texas is the only state in the union which has a constitutional right to seceed if desired by the residents IIRC. Took Tx histry bout a hunnerd yars ago.

Why not start a second simple yes/no poll in a new thread to see if it has enough support to be considered?

Right now the top chapter names have only 40%, 32% and 24% votes, none of which is majority. I think we will need some kind of run off election anyway to get at least 51% vote for a final name. I don't think we should go with a name that has less than 51% approval.

So lets see if there is any real hard core support for it?

goodburbon said:
I was thinking that a run off would be the way to go.

Agreed.

I think we should have some member discussion next as to whether there is any substantial support for the TXXJA name, and then maybe have a series of run off polls, if needed, until we have a solid majority behind a name selection.

There seems to be solid support behind Red River, but not a majority, at least not yet. And South Central is only 2 votes shy of a tie. TXXJA was not considered in that vote. Unless about 8 or more people say they want to vote or change their vote to TXXJA as the name, I think we should go with a run off between the two top runners in the first poll.

I would cut off the current poll by the end of this weekend, sunday night? Just to move things along.

The current poll is corrupt and is much closer than is shown in the results, just click on the # of votes and you will see that there are actually 8 Votes for red river, 7 for south central and 5 for Texlahoma

He may be on to something, as Mexico has nearly annexed Texas anyway.

I already feel like an alien here when I go to the store and everyone is speaking spanish in all the Houston stores.

:shiver:

:patriot:

goodburbon said:
You just like stirring poop don't you :D

Where do I officially change my vote to TXXJA ? Where is the new poll that was supposed to be started anyway. Since we have introduced the new choice that several have un-officially endorsed then the original poll seems to be invalid anyway. We have had poop stirers from outside our area voting as well and that alone invalidates the first poll.

mikeforte said:
Where do I officially change my vote to TXXJA ? Where is the new poll that was supposed to be started anyway.

From one peon to another (or one pot stirrer to another, LOL), I thought you were going to start the new poll. :jester:

Since we have introduced the new choice that several have un-officially endorsed then the original poll seems to be invalid anyway. We have had poop stirers from outside our area voting as well and that alone invalidates the first poll.

Actually the first poll is neck and neck if you pull up the vote records and see who voted, it shows a neck and neck vote between real eligable members between South Central and Red River taking >75% of the vote with a 7 to 8 vote respectively. I am inclined to agree with Bigdaddychia that TXXJA and Texlahoma, and yes even Texlexico (LOL) don't do justice to the territory we say we are covering, even if most of the members are currently in texlexico (LOL), and it risks alienating the other states (no matter how much fun that might be :shhh:).

Personally I like most of the choices for Texas, I just like some more than others, and two, or one in my case, seem most appropriate until this chapter splits up into several state chapters.

Are any of the other chapters like Utah or Colorado covering multiple states with a single state name?

Last edited:
Sniggs said:
New Arklahomexas
:scared:

OK, Now you've gone and REALLY stirred the pot. You've come up with a cute cleaver name that let's us annex New Mexico and Arkansas without leaving any one out, even covers annexing Mexico :rolleyes:.

So what's this guy in Seattle doing coming up with a cleaver name for us?

I do think it sounds better as New Arklahomexa, just drop the s.

Thoughts on the matter

Red River. Nice, but no one (in this area) knows where that is. My wife saw that and said "Isn't red river in New Mexico?"

TXXJA Simple, Makes for good logos, but may alienate someone who feels that they are not as important because their state is not mentioned. (not me)

South Central. Excellent area description but also carries another connotation because of the prevelance of rap culture in "South Central L.A."

Texlahoma Good catchy name.....but Arkansas has joined the party so it no longer fits.

Ecomike said:
He may be on to something, as Mexico has nearly annexed Texas anyway.

I already feel like an alien here when I go to the store and everyone is speaking spanish in all the Houston stores.

:shiver:

:patriot:
Think its bad there I can't even go to the Wal-Mart here if you don't speak a little Tex-Mex. Anglos is what we are called. Yes Tex-Mex is the predominant language here, but I get by somehow.

As long a we are pot stirring, how about the Redneck Coon Ass Chapter? Covers all 4 states. :banghead:

Jay VT said:
As long a we are pot stirring, how about the Redneck Coon Ass Chapter? Covers all 4 states. :banghead:

Sounds good except national may balk at us having ASS in our title.....jealousy you know. We get ASS and they don't.

goodburbon said:
Thoughts on the matter

Red River. Nice, but no one (in this area) knows where that is. My wife saw that and said "Isn't red river in New Mexico?"

TXXJA Simple, Makes for good logos, but may alienate someone who feels that they are not as important because their state is not mentioned. (not me)

South Central. Excellent area description but also carries another connotation because of the prevelance of rap culture in "South Central L.A."

Texlahoma Good catchy name.....but Arkansas has joined the party so it no longer fits.

Agreed. Texlahoma no longer fits. So I take no one is going bark at adding Arkansas (at least they won't bark too loudly, LOL).

How about a comprimise, "The RedRiver TXXJA" Chapter? or is that too long for logo's and stuff, maybe so? Or does that just narrow the territory instead of expanding it? Just thinking outloud here.

All good points Goodburbon. I have not been entirely comfortable with RedRiver for similar reasons, but many others liked it.

So is time for a pull the name out of a hat lottery?:jester:

Back