• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help Diagnosing my Renix

run a jumper wire from the back of the connector to a clean ground and see what happens.

You could always add a ground to the MAP sensor thereby eliminating the possible bad ground in the harness. Heck, you could even do a temporary ground for testing purposes.

Intake gasket/injector o-rings leaking 2-3-4-5, ECU trying to compensate for lean condition and 1-6 getting sooty from extra fuel?

A random thought, especially after seeing your results of probing for harness grounds. A tech friend of mine bought an 88 Cherokee from a customer due to strange driveability problems. After doing all the stuff you have, he decided to unplug the ECU harness at the ECU and tighten all the connectors in the harness plug using a dental pick. Then he sprayed in contact cleaner. Plugged everything back in and..............Voila-------problems solved. Couldn't some of your problems be caused by a similar situation? I think it might be worth a try. It's free and you can't have too many good connections anyway.

using a digital ohm meter, all conductivity, whether it be pin to pin (from one end of cable to the other), or cable-end to ground, if the circuit tested is suppose to go to ground, should not read more than .1 ohms. Solve the MAP ground issue before worying about other things.

Does your Stroker do this when it cold? I had a similar issue but it ran well when warm. I went thru all the sensor, wiring and ECU. I found my distributor had excessive end play. I remove the end play with a shim. The Stroker runs better then ever!

It does it all the time. Are you talking about dropping a shim "down in the slot" kind of play?

No I removed the distributor then the gear, put a shim on the shaft, (between the housing and gear) then installed the gear and distributor.

My issue was warm up, once the engine was at least 195 it ran great or I thought it did.

To test Remove your distributor cap, grab the rotor and try to twist it CW & CCW, try to lift as you turn. If the distributor shaft moves side to side or up or down it is worn and need some attention.

I spent a lot of money on sensors, weeks of time removing the wiring harness, checking the wires, soldering grounds, checking the C101 connectors, trying a JY ECU Just to find the distributor had issues.

This may or may not solve your Issues, just trying to save others the headaches I went through.

I pulled a distributor from the JY, put it in, and it no longer stutters! It still has a small miss at idle but everything else seems better. Mine had a small tick or wobble in the shaft and you could pull it up and down about 1/8". The new one doesnt have the wobble but it still pulls up and down. Runs pretty good though... :dunno:

Thanks for the suggestions and help everybody. I was about to tear my hair out :clap:

Have you pulled the plugs since changing the distributer ? I'm curious to find out what they look like after the distributer swap..

Back