• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 Renix Cherokee 4.0 running crazy (long)

Some of the grounds on the relay coils don't go directly to ground. For example the ground on the starter relay goes through the NSS which could certainly need cleaned as well.

Oki dokey, I was looking at a "big picture" diagram (that's the only thing I understand lol) of the engine management system (in spanish) and yeah could see that I might not necessarily get what I was expecting, looking for .6 ohms at the receptacles. Will scrub and shine everything up good, and tip #10 it is. Thank you.

All said and done, runs the same, rich and richer. Even with the o2 out of the picture it MIGHT idle for a little while and it more likely will after running pretty good at higher rpms will hunt from 400 to 700 about 3 times then die. It's a new standard ignition map sensor, wonder if that could be a bad part. Would rather not but I'm feeling like I'm not far from towing it to a shop.

All said and done, runs the same, rich and richer. Even with the o2 out of the picture it MIGHT idle for a little while and it more likely will after running pretty good at higher rpms will hunt from 400 to 700 about 3 times then die. It's a new standard ignition map sensor, wonder if that could be a bad part. Would rather not but I'm feeling like I'm not far from towing it to a shop.

If you are interested? I have a spare SMP iac here i can send you to test the theory. Ended up not needing it, shoot me a PM and we can work it out

codename 99 problems: Daily driver/tow rig build thread

Got some 746 injectors in finally, cleaned the air temp sensor, seems to be running fine now - thanks Cruiser, all. Put it in gear tho, nothin. Wonder what's up with that, has fluid.

Hm something about torque converter bolts, probably a fairly necessary item unless you just want to coast downhill all the time and yes the darn thing runs now, tomorrow we go for a drive.

Oh just forgot about the TC bolts and cain't find them. Upside, the local Jeep dealer has 4 of them in stock? Larger heads now, 18mm instead of whatever it was previously, 15mm i think it was.

Back