• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My train wreck.

47828_1452254781071_1074300297_31186938_2603944_n.jpg

47240_1452254661068_1074300297_31186937_8310419_n.jpg

Herculiner! Gonna get another cote next weekend.

Also on Wednesday evening I'm picking up a set of (5) 38.5x16.5 Super Swamper TSLs mounted on Allied steel wheels and the spare on a GLO Beadlock. :)

Awww, c'mon now....

I didn't like tan, and I didn't want green. I wanted to keep the same color scheme as my old XJ, but didn't want to use cheap bedliner that would just peel and flake off after two weeks.

I'll keep it like this for a while and see how I like it. :moon:

Not my favorite but Like Frank said it's your rig! Whatever floats your boat. FWIW I actually really like the tan and have thought of painting mine that color!

Hootis is clean, but arms, legs and hands are a different story. This crap won't come off for anything, either... lol

Tan was OK, but i have just never really been a fan. The previous owner had it green and tan in the past, and I wanted to do something to make it look and feel a little more "mine". Ya know? We'll see how it looks when the EXO is finished and painted silver, rock rings are silver, and the front is converted back to an XJ.

I like it a lot better than the other color :)

Lol, the rollers are possibly going on the DD XJ once I get the full widths under the black one..

Hoping that this weekend I can actually get moving on this crap.. wanna have it done before it gets too cold outside, and am planning to drive it to Hays, KS for the big family Turkey Day jamboree. :laugh3:

Dood...... that's gonna be a bitch to clean off of the parts you wanna weld to...... Putting bedliner on is something you do after the fab work is done.

What are you gonna do to finish sealing the seams where the roof/hatch/pilar come together? Or maybe you weren't........

Definitely not what I'd have done, but it'll be fairly unique. I haven't seen that much exterior bedliner since Grant Barclay's rig.......

Dood...... that's gonna be a bitch to clean off of the parts you wanna weld to...... Putting bedliner on is something you do after the fab work is done.

What are you gonna do to finish sealing the seams where the roof/hatch/pilar come together? Or maybe you weren't........

Definitely not what I'd have done, but it'll be fairly unique. I haven't seen that much exterior bedliner since Grant Barclay's rig.......

47828_1452254781071_1074300297_31186938_2603944_n.jpg

47240_1452254661068_1074300297_31186937_8310419_n.jpg

Herculiner! Gonna get another cote next weekend.

Also on Wednesday evening I'm picking up a set of (5) 38.5x16.5 Super Swamper TSLs mounted on Allied steel wheels and the spare on a GLO Beadlock. :)

:scared:............... Holy..... Mother of......Christ!!

Bed liner is not for me, but I really like the darker color with the new lines.

I'm kind of disappointed about all the negativity towards the bedlined look, to be honest. Keep an eye open, as you will be seeing it in JPFreek magazine once it is completed.

I'm kind of disappointed about all the negativity towards the bedlined look, to be honest.

Well, that tends to happen when you post up something different.... it's either very cool, or not so much.

I would like it if the bedliner would have stayed below the middle body line at least. But having it all over just makes it look like the engine crud has spread like an infection......

I'll see if I can dig up a pic of Barclay's old rig...... his wasn't as off-putting because he used 2 different colors of liner..... or painted the top layer - not sure. Does paint even stick to that stuff?

EDIT: Here's Grant's old rig circa 2003 or so...... That's all bedliner, but given a bit more "personality" shall we say? :thumbup:

main.php

Kind of a black and yellow salamander kinda thing going....... :D

images

Last edited:
I'm kind of disappointed about all the negativity towards the bedlined look, to be honest. Keep an eye open, as you will be seeing it in JPFreek magazine once it is completed.

Don't get me wrong Clark, I actually really like the look. I just don't see the point of using something as expensive as Herculiner on the exterior of a rock rig.

Don't get me wrong Clark, I actually really like the look. I just don't see the point of using something as expensive as Herculiner on the exterior of a rock rig.

LOL....... you just made his point ya goob.

Clark likes the look and it was worth it to him to pony up to bedline it. :twak:

LOL....... you just made his point ya goob.

Clark likes the look and it was worth it to him to pony up to bedline it. :twak:

Lol I'm telling him that I agree with the first part of that, but not the second. What he spent in money and time doing that he could have put towards other, less pointless things.

Back