• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My heep build

Ya carbonated, I went with the 4 barrel for future plans, like the 60trim turbo. And i would like to put it on propane which would cure the off camber problem. But were im from there isnt much off camber wheeling, its mostly mud lol.

Update:
Ok, once i get home ill get some more pics ups, but here comes my little miny rant......So i ordered alot of my parts from KMJENT.com So when i went to put my bottom end together Friday i put the bearings all in, and then set my NEW STANDARD size crank in. i immediately notice something is up when the main caps don't fit, and its not much but enough i can see space between the journals. So after about an hour of dinkin with it, i look at on e of the bearings, and realize they are .020 under...To say the least i was hot. So i drive in town (i live approx 15miles from town) get a new set from the parts store head home put them all in, everything looks ok, except 2 of the bearings are really tight, like less the .002" after 20 more minuets, i find out that the rear most two (2) bearings, the larger ones.....are .010 under....all the rest are standard....im pretty racing pissed about now, so i go back swap those out. So now we come to put a couple rods on to make sure everything is going to clear....guess what came .030 under!!!! Soo im going to call them tomorrow and were going to have a chat...on a lighter note the bottom end is all together now and looks awesome!

hahaha...i like boost....this is gonna be nuts...
Well this should give you an idea of what we talking with almost the exact cam i have, almost exact carb, and exact turbo. :)

O ya at only 8lbs! ;)

dyno.jpg

2009_07170024.jpg

2009_07170023.jpg

Friday night i took a break and we all went to the drag strip. I parked nxt to a....cool looking kid :rolleyes: with the hood popped on his xj...he thought he was quite the man...until i started dieing laughing when i seen this
IMAG0247.jpg

he did think it was so funny

More pics
2009_07210003.jpg

2009_07210002.jpg

Got a new stick from a buddy that does construction at the a huge plant in town called cargil, they have lots of fun stickers!
2009_07210005.jpg

Now the question is how many times am i going to get pulled over by the cops? :rof:

Got ambisious yeserday, and pulled all the carpeting out, and flapwheeled the bad spots on the floor, finished welding up my motor mounts and even painted everything :)

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

This is were i had a bit of rust, and i still may end up replacing this area.
IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

Progess has been slow....Kinda sorta quit/got fired yesterday, soooo ya. But hopefully i get somthing quick, and i can buy my last few parts i need. Only bout $650 left :greensmok

Progess has been slow....Kinda sorta quit/got fired yesterday, soooo ya. But hopefully i get somthing quick, and i can buy my last few parts i need. Only bout $650 left :greensmok

Left until you're done with the project or left in the bank? :D

Hope you find work soon. I've been silently following this build for a while now and want to see this son of a gun completed!

Ya i actually just got one yesterday, but no, that is all i have left to buy and i will have all the parts i need. But, i am little low on cash as well :dunce: So new progress will/has been slow, got a shifter fabed up, and my relay box mounted and wires ran. Nothing real exciting, ill see if i have any pictures, everyone like pictures.

New pictures, well actually i have just been lazy getting these of my camera..
beginning of my shifter
DSCF0609.jpg

Motor mounts in and welded
Ignore the amazing bird shat welds inside, that was an after thought once i had it in that didnt go so well....since i had a buddie bring over a nice miller, and we fixed that right up :)
DSCF0606.jpg

Not to bad for a stick
DSCF0602.jpg

DSCF0601.jpg

Even got the gf to help! (she got to remove the spring from the 4wd shifter :D)
DSCF0600.jpg

Actually got the rest of my motor together, just slow with updates, and pictures.

Its in!
DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF1070.jpg

Possible clearance issue. Probly would be over a large bump but it didn't hit during the "jump on the rad. support" test
DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1072.jpg

DSCF1073.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

Crossmember half done
DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1067.jpg

Ya iv been kinda busy lately, not much time to work on it. As of right now, no im gonna stick with the one i have, because before i do any wheeling in it, i want to get my lift done and the fullwidth axles under it. As for right now i can puts around with it and get it broke in. I wish i had put it more to the right, because the headers i bought wont fit at all on the pass side. Just got some block huggers today so we will see how those fit tonight, and ill get some more pics up.

IT LIVES! lol
got it fired tonight! Ill get some videos up next few days....with only 9" of header as the exhaust...its kinda loud :D

So when you catch the H1N1 flu crap it kinda slows things down...never the less.......here is the first run

thanks, hopfuly ill be able to get up there and work on it some this weekend, maybe get another one with a couple blips of the throttle....shoots some nice 8" blue flames :D

a couple nice blurry pics of my switch box :rolleyes:
DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

And another video of it running, with a couple throttle blips

PS: on a side note, remeber when you are trying to back your heep out of the garage with your brand new 4-500hp engine running at about 1500 rpm........make sure your u-joint caps are tight :doh::gag:

Last edited:
Back