• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My heep build

Oh... still don't know what it is but i know what a turbo is so... now i really can't wait for it to be done.
It is the thing that is spun by the exhaust gases to build boost for the turbo! :doh:

Sherman you are a mad man. who really needs a 383 with a turbo in a friggin xj? :D

It is the thing that is spun by the exhaust gases to build boost for the turbo! :doh:

Sherman you are a mad man. who really needs a 383 with a turbo in a friggin xj? :D

Hey what do you expect from a 19 year old? :D...
I think a 383 with a turbo in an xj would be too much but it will still be friggin sweet...

Haha flexdxj you say that now...until i get done with it :D....poor poor little unibody

Time for some stiffeners... for the whole frame?
Ooo yes, i went to the scrap yard last week and grabbed 2 8'x10" strips of 1/8" plate to at least get me started....some quality welding time is in my future.

On a side note, does anyone know on my 700r4, if i need the electronic torque converter lock up, or is it not needed in my application?

Well its Christmas in July, brown Santa came and dropped off some shinny stuff.
0_IMAG0226.jpg

As well got my 60trim garrett turbo cleaned up
0_IMAG0217.jpg

0_IMAG0218.jpg

My initial plan for that is to break the motor in without it, work all any problems i have and then add it on at a later date.

More junk for the motor
0_IMAG0231.jpg

This is a Procomp "black series" alcohol fuel pump
0_IMAG0232.jpg

0_IMAG0233.jpg

In addition to the tight time line i have, i am rewiring the entrie truck:gee:
So i am copying the design from
http://fitchva.com/jeep/?p=47
I will be installing it in the glovebox, and using much larger wire.
Saturday i finally start work on the building the motor...I cant wait!

bad ass pic!
Thanks!

Progress has been incredibly slow this last week, got my relay box almost all done, ill get some pics up of that soon. But now im down to minor little crap, and the bottom end goes together Friday.

Got my relay box 95% done, and got started on my switch box.
All the wiring in here is 10g since i will be running everything from ignition, head/tail light, acc, everything. Cat 5 coming in is to activate the relay and goes to the switch box.
2009_07140130.jpg

2009_07140131.jpg

Yea i know the switches arnt exactly level, ill just add that to the list of what stuff not to do while drinking.
2009_07140132.jpg

2009_07140133.jpg

The cat 5 connector, so i can disconnect the box from my jeep without messing with all the wiring, makes it a more plug and play kind of application.

O ya got a carb the other day too
IMAG0241.jpg

Edelbrock 1406 elec choke 4 barrel 600cfm

Man that's good stuff I was thinking about doing a relay box for fans +lights...

cant wait to see this done.

carbureted? Really?

I like the relay box, if electricity wasn't black magic to me, I'd build one when I rewire my Jeep.

Back