• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mineral basin

Hey Wayne, tell us more about Desert Mtn.

BTW, nice sig line........very O.
;)

XJEEPER

I would have to decide not to go to Flaming Gorge to make it on the 7th, hmmm decisions decisions. How is the trail up Mineral Basin for a stock XJ anyway? First time I explored towards there I turned around after getting into the first good rocks.

xjblue said:
I would have to decide not to go to Flaming Gorge to make it on the 7th, hmmm decisions decisions. How is the trail up Mineral Basin for a stock XJ anyway? First time I explored towards there I turned around after getting into the first good rocks.

I made it through with some mods to my tie rod and a fender on my first trip with 235's. I think anything with 30-31" tires and up won't have any problems at all getting through the 'good rocks'.....

I am on for sure, 7th of June @10:00am parking lot. I will also have a friend with a red XJ. I was up above Silver lake flat res. a week ago on FR 035 (i think) and snow did hault me, but with all this heat it should be melting fast it was when I was there. If anything Mud will be the fun issue. I will bring my Digital video/camera and will capture some of the fun to put on the web. see ya there

It was 100 degrees in West Jordan yesterday, if anything I want to go up on the 7th just to cool off. I am definitely planning on 10:00 A.M. Tibble Fork Reservoir. Do you guys want to do Mineral Basin, Forest Lake, or both?

David B said:
It was 100 degrees in West Jordan yesterday, if anything I want to go up on the 7th just to cool off. I am definitely planning on 10:00 A.M. Tibble Fork Reservoir. Do you guys want to do Mineral Basin, Forest Lake, or both?

Both.........easy runs, but don't go barrelling through Forest Lake.....a little ranger birdy told me that can be a pretty stiff fine.

thanks for the heads up on the thread David! Yeah, I'll be there, should have maybe 1 or 2 other xj's as well. And Forest Lake sounds fun too, we got a stock xj up there once.

Where are these places you folks are talking about, and can I chime in on this run also?
I am new to Utah and this conversation is all Greek to me. :(
Thanks,
Dan.

Dan (91XJ) said:
Where are these places you folks are talking about, and can I chime in on this run also?
Thanks,
Dan.

Greek.........very similar to Utah County speak....:D .......American Fork.....Immediately south of 'point of the mountain' in the Salt Lake Valley. Take the 'Alpine/Highland' exit (I don't remember the number) immediately after climbing the point of the mountain and head east until you reach a canyon. Follow the road up (through a pay booth{$2 or so}) the canyon and take the left fork road to 'Tibble Creek Res.'......there's a big parking lot up there.

Dan (91XJ) said:
Thanks,
Dan.

Dan, I'll hook you up here. If I wind up going, you can convoy with me and I'll let you keep the lane clear for my DW show;)
The trials that are being discussed are up American Fork Canyon, in Utah County. Not sure if your map shows them, but they are fun trails to explore.

Looks like Marc beat me to the punch with a much better description on how to get there......where's the GPS info dude? :D

XJEEPER

XJEEPER said:
Dan, I'll hook you up here. If I wind up going, you can convoy with me and I'll let you keep the lane clear for my DW show;)
The trials that are being discussed are up American Fork Canyon, in Utah County. Not sure if your map shows them, but they are fun trails to explore.

Looks like Marc beat me to the punch with a much better description on how to get there......where's the GPS info dude? :D

XJEEPER

I don't think I've got a 'waypoint' for that ! :D :D

DW show??????.........IIICCCHHHHHHHH.......DW sucks!!!! Bring some extra underwear for the interstate?

Last edited:
XJEEPER said:

XJEEPER
Thanks guys! I'll keep an eye on this post.
It's all going to depend on if I have to work that day or not.
As for the DW show XJEEPER, I rather not have to see that again, :eek: I would rather see that fixed. :) Any luck so far?
Thanks,
Dan.

I wish I could join ya'll. Hope we can get another run planned for later on. I'd like to meet those of you I haven't met yet. Thanks to utahxjer I'll be sportin 4.10 gears soon, hopefully :cool:

ACE said:
I wish I could join ya'll. Hope we can get another run planned for later on. I'd like to meet those of you I haven't met yet. Thanks to utahxjer I'll be sportin 4.10 gears soon, hopefully :cool:

Joe, are you still running stock gears? With an auto or 5 speed?

X

As for the DW show XJEEPER, I rather not have to see that again, :eek: I would rather see that fixed. :) Any luck so far?
Thanks,
Dan. [/B]

DW didn't happen at all on the way home, nor since, but the problem ain't solved. I should have the "solution" in place this weekend. If you've never had it, it's nothing to stand in line for...........
:scared:

Jeff, Long arms instantly cured my horrible DW problem. Of course you would have to side with us on the great long-arm debate.

Hey Jeff, yeah I'm still on stock gears, auto (3.55). It hasn't been too bad since I still only run a 31" tire (these Pro Comp AT's are more like a 30" though). I'm due for some new tires here in the next month or so and I'm still debating on whether I want to step up to a 32". I've seen a few of you kill a d35 with 32" tires so I may just stick to a 31". Picked up the new (used) 4.10 gears today (thanks Rory!) but won't be able to get them in 'til next month some time. Anyone got a d30 carrier for the taller gears layin around? :D

Back