• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mineral basin

Any of you guys in the southern part of the state? I'm stuck in St. George for another year until I can get back to the mountains where I belong.

Matt

mdwatkins said:
Any of you guys in the southern part of the state? I'm stuck in St. George for another year until I can get back to the mountains where I belong.

Matt

I am going to be down in the St. George / Misquite area over the 4th of July. Do you know of any trails down that way that would make it worth it to bring the XJ?

Alright, I am back from the land of AZ. It was 115 and our new yuppie Volvo started complaining on us. Never had a heat problem with the ol' straight six. I need to know who is interested in starting a Utah chapter as was discussed up at mineral basin. There is a new Wingers just off I-15 at the Lehi exit, I thought we could meet there to get things rolling. DavidB and Mbryson you both sounded serious with this, let me know how we need to approach this thing as far as people you can get in touch with to start the ball rolling. Is Wingers on the 25th of June cool with anyone interested? let me know I can be there.

climbon said:
Alright, I am back from the land of AZ. It was 115 and our new yuppie Volvo started complaining on us. Never had a heat problem with the ol' straight six. I need to know who is interested in starting a Utah chapter as was discussed up at mineral basin. There is a new Wingers just off I-15 at the Lehi exit, I thought we could meet there to get things rolling. DavidB and Mbryson you both sounded serious with this, let me know how we need to approach this thing as far as people you can get in touch with to start the ball rolling. Is Wingers on the 25th of June cool with anyone interested? let me know I can be there.

25th should work pretty well for me, but I think you are the prez, aren't you? XJEEPER is the treasurer :D

Well I should of checked my E-mail, looks like there is a good number of people needing a date and time. So lets go with Wingers@ Lehi June25th 6:30 pm just off the Lehi main St. exit. Go down the ramp and turn right stay to the right because the first light you come to turn right. Go north until you see Wingers on the right ( half a block ). If saturday works better we can pick June 28th @11:00 am for lunch and run down to Little Moab? Let me know ASAP. thanks

Im there for either. Little Moab sounds like a good time. I wanted to go to see how different things are ARB'd up and Little Moab would be a good test.

If it's Saturday the 28th, I can be there. Little Moab sounds good to me.
Perhaps we ought to start a new thread?

stp189 said:
Im there for either. Little Moab sounds like a good time. I wanted to go to see how different things are ARB'd up and Little Moab would be a good test.

I was at JR's today and the Brown short bus brought your junk in a big box..........smelled alot like diff fluid and Aussie pneumatic lockem up..........

mbryson said:
25th should work pretty well for me, but I think you are the prez, aren't you? XJEEPER is the treasurer :D

Hahahaha.......yah, I'll handle the $$$$$ alright!!

The 21st or the 28th works good for me. Good idea to start a new thread it will be " Little Moab " see you there

Sorry, but I'm not too up to date on trails down here. Like I mentioned, I'm from the mountains of the North, and this desert stuff is new to me...I've heard rumor of a couple of trails, one of them I'm hitting this weekend and I'll let you know if it's worth while. Basically everything I've come across down here has either been too much for my XJ to handle or graded such that a passenger car can make it across, and these are the trails that haven't been closed down to motorized travel.

I'll keep my ears open to any trails that might be out there, but it seems everyone down here has a 4x4 of some sort but no one uses them.

I can tell ya that I'm interested in a Utah chapter too...I won't be able to make it to the organization meeting up North so don't forget about me.

Matt

XJEEPER said:
I was at JR's today and the Brown short bus brought your junk in a big box..........smelled alot like diff fluid and Aussie pneumatic lockem up..........

I hope it turnes out better than my friend that has the 71 bronco. He had Big-O put in a detroit in his rear D44 and last time at Little Moab his axel broke, no big deal. Well, we took everything apart the other day and the installer didn't tighten down the cap bolts for the locker and everything was thrashed. The whole assemble, pinnion, locker shreaded. Pretty crazy. I have faith that JR will do me proud though. I am dropping off my XJ after work today. Should be done before the week is over.

It's like Christmas!!!!

Back