• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift kit on its way !!!!

Well installed new tie rod end and steering stablizer and that seems to have fixed it at all speeds. Now I wanna do new top control arms to match the bottom....

Well installed new tie rod end and steering stablizer and that seems to have fixed it at all speeds. Now I wanna do new top control arms to match the bottom....

With all of the new arms and bushings etc, you might just have the front end alignment checked again. Glad to see you are getting it nailed down. Good job!

ya its nice having a fully functioning jeep again makes me think twice about moding anything again my fiance will never let me forget that lifting it caused all my problems...

ok well im highly considering selling / trading in the xj for probably a zj
id like a stock zj with a v8 prefer leather but i dunno maybe someone with a zj is looking for a xj and we can do some horse trading .. ..

Tempting, i have a V8 ZJ limited, but I have gotten used to driving it and towing with it. Your XJ is nice looking. You should be able to find a trade, XJ's appear to keep their value longer than ZJ's.

never sold the xj wife was driving it and i bought another dodge this time a hemi tho ...
anyways im trading that in on a 07 commander for the wife and ill be moding the xj again .
i want to go to a 4.5 inch lift now since i already have after market procomp lower comtrol arms can i throw on a set of 4.5 coils on the front and be ok ? i still have stock uppers if i could just get a set of adjustable uppers and keep my procomp lowers id be very happy i have a set of 1.5 -2inch shackles i can throw on the rear.

Re: Re: lift kit on its way !!!!

never sold the xj wife was driving it and i bought another dodge this time a hemi tho ...
anyways im trading that in on a 07 commander for the wife and ill be moding the xj again .
i want to go to a 4.5 inch lift now since i already have after market procomp lower comtrol arms can i throw on a set of 4.5 coils on the front and be ok ? i still have stock uppers if i could just get a set of adjustable uppers and keep my procomp lowers id be very happy i have a set of 1.5 -2inch shackles i can throw on the rear.

As long as you get the adjustable uppers so you can adjust the axle more you should be ok, plus relocated or adjustable track bar. Also, you might get driveline vibes at 4.5", I do.

Other than that you should be good tho...

thx for the reply ! I already have the adjustable track bar and i have some nasty DL vibes now so im assuming it will get worse an SYE is in my near future thats for sure. your getting away with no SYE at 4.5 ?

Ya but each jeeps different. I didn't have any vibration or DW at 3.5" but do/did at 4.5...

do it yourself and use a front driveshaft from an auto xj. 200$ and some change. Then no annoying vibes and u joints wearing out all the time.

You may get no vibes from it, if you dont want to spend the cash, do a tcase drop and see if it helps. ou lose an inch of clearance that way.

Already have the tcase drop it helped a little but ya hak n tap and a front DS is the better or at least much less expensive way to go. Of course I don't have a angle grinder to cut off the out put shaft or a big drill but I guess it's a good reason to buy them lol

The advanced adapters kit is 200 shipped from summit racing. Front ds is 25 from the jy. I dont like the hack and tap, but a lot of people do just fine with them. They are usually 140-150.

Only special tools you need for the AA kit is snap ring and lock ring pliers.

Back