• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift kit on its way !!!!

Might need a T case drop (cuz you have a late model)

And move your brake lines a little (no big deal just need 2 bigger self tapping screws)

Maybe a 1-2inch lift block for the rear? (I'm not a fan of blocks but...)

It's 3inch front 1.5-2 rear... Unless that's the look your going for, more power to you!

ya i did think that was a bit odd 3" front 1.5-2" rear i thought motor weight in the front just need more and it would even out. i can run to a local auto parts place and get a 1 " blocks cant i ?

ya i did think that was a bit odd 3" front 1.5-2" rear i thought motor weight in the front just need more and it would even out. i can run to a local auto parts place and get a 1 " blocks cant i ?

No but you can get 2 inch... Aluminum not good

Down here we have a place (Oregon spring steel) an they make you blocks any size out of solid stock I used to have a 1 inch block

You could just go to 4wheel parts (I hate that place) and get an add a leaf I wanna say the short pair is 35 and a long pair is 70

A short add a leaf and the set up you have will be level, stock leafs are flat anyway so add a leafs give you that arch back

im near a 4 wheel parts so i could do that thanks. i wanted to just get new rear springs but that $$$ so ill get add a leaf now the new pack later
do i want add just 1 " in rear to lvl it up or 2 " cuz it will sag ?

im near a 4 wheel parts so i could do that thanks. i wanted to just get new rear springs but that $$$ so ill get add a leaf now the new pack later
do i want add just 1 " in rear to lvl it up or 2 " cuz it will sag ?

Just get the short add a leaf
And use the shackle
It will level out

I have some blocks that I pulled out of my jeep when I did my lift that you can have if you like. Don't remember how tall they are but am thinking they are 2". The aal and shackle would be the better way to go but free isn't bad either. Let me know.

it sucks because i have 2 weeks off from work but its for a surgery i just had on my neck .. so i cant move my neck at all stuck playing video games so even tho ill have it the 18th i cant put it on :(

I did a complete 6.5 lift on mine, I used a stock pitman and my drag link & track bar are at perfect angles. I didn't plan that, it just worked on my favor.

ok so an update i picked up some add a leafs for the rear i threw them on and the shackles set at 2 inchs then threw the front coils on. broke 3 outa 4 of the upper shock bolts...
so jeep is sitting in the garage with 0 shocks.. il be trying this method
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/diy-no-worries-broken-upper-rear-shock-bolt-repair-556807/

to fix it i should just get BPEs but dont have the time to wait till they get here so o well.
i did not get different lower control arms i left the sway bars on at least for now. ill try to get the shocks on sat morning and drive it a bit see whats going on. drop the tcase if needed and go get an alignment. dont have picks of the way its setting yet but im happy with it.

Same thing happened to me.
I did the same sort of mounting...except I already had BPE's to throw in.
Easy enough to do. (i have a lot of pics of this in my build thread too)
Use grade 8 hardware....good luck.

well i pounded out the broken off bolts and fished new bolts up in there and got the rear shocks on and the front. took it for a drive and i have a little drive vibration so i will need to do a tcase drop soon :(

Try shimming the rear first....Might only need a few degrees to be good.

On my 2000 I installed a t case drop and it gave me vibes from the front drive shaft. I'd recommend a Sye of some kind. I went with a h&t from dirtbound and a stock front drive shaft from the wrecking yard for under 2 bills total.

Back