• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaked video from Iraq

I think this was leaked by a "whistleblower". That whistleblower should be found and tried for treason/releasing sensitive information. Even if it wasn't marked Secret, you know it had to at least be marked as FOUO.
I read the original video was obtained through a freedom of information act request. Not sure. 'Still puzzling over Zuki-Ron's comment. I don't have time to put together a coherent response right now(after work maybe) 'Almost like I was watching a different video then what his post describes. I need to go back and check that again.

god forbid we get into another total war situation someday soon.

a cylinder shaped object that gets put up towards ones shoulder in country more than constitutes just cause for lethal force imho.........im not waiting for muzzle flash or a shutter in this case.

lets see some of the naysayers get out there and see how they react.......wouldnt happen.

if you dont know from experience your opinion doesnt XXXXing count.

Last edited:
I read the original video was obtained through a freedom of information act request. Not sure. 'Still puzzling over Zuki-Ron's comment. I don't have time to put together a coherent response right now(after work maybe) 'Almost like I was watching a different video then what his post describes. I need to go back and check that again.
Reuters put in an FOIA request but was ignored for the most part. Wikileaks got hold of the video from someone who leaked it.

Why yes it does. Too many of our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines forget that.

im really not going to take any suit and tie bastards opinion over a fellow combat vet sorry buddy......

would you take a teenage "import racer" guy's opinion on how to repair trail damage?

of course not.

Why yes it does. Too many of our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines forget that.

No most of us don't, the problem comes from every engagement being second guessed from some suit who has zero idea what is going on.

I've watched that video a couple of times and still think it looks like a weapon IMO. I'm sorry some camera was mistaken for a weapon but like others have said, you are in a war zone, might want to paint that thing bright pink or put some type of IR tape or a Phoenix light to ID yourself as non-combatant.

Last edited:
I agree with XCM-- you can't shoot until you are positive all the soon to be dead bastards are carrying weapons. They should have landed and asked each person with cameras and children to move.

LOL you have GOT to be joking. When you are in a fight, does your opponent ask you to drop your guard so he can knock you out easier?

Please.

I think Shorty was being sarcastic. I'm usually one of the slow ones so I could be wrong.

No most of us don't, the problem comes from every engagement being second guessed from some suit who has zero idea what is going on.

I've watched that video a couple of times and still think it looks like a weapon IMO. I'm sorry some a camera was mistaken for a weapon but like others have said, you are in a war zone, might want to paint that thing bright pink or some type of IR tape or a Phoenix light to ID yourself as non-combatant.

x2.

kscn548l.jpg

god forbid we get into another total war situation someday soon.

a cylinder shaped object that gets put up towards ones shoulder in country more than constitutes just cause for lethal force imho.........im not waiting for muzzle flash or a shutter in this case.

lets see some of the naysayers get out there and see how they react.......wouldnt happen.

if you dont know from experience your opinion doesnt XXXXing count.

This

The idiots are more upset about what the guys in the chopper were saying i'm sure.

I think Shorty was being sarcastic. I'm usually one of the slow ones so I could be wrong.

You know, after thinking about it, I believe he was, too. My apologies LOL.

:D

sarcasm doesn't translate very well onto internet (at least when I'm typing) so in case anyone mistook me, rest assured I didn't see any actions that I would consider negligent and didn't hear anything that I wouldn't expect to hear in similar conditions. My sympathies lie with the servicemen involved and the sh*tstorm their lives have been cast into due to the actions of some "holier-than-thou" butt plug in D.C.

You would think when someone says "the chopper should land before engaging." common sense would tell you it's sarcasm.

Back