• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping things fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
OFF TOPIC, this thread is about fun and all those words dont look fun to me.

SLED DEATH JAM is what this threads about now!

Not according to the mission statement that Remi posted at the start of this thread:

Technical XJ/MJ discussion and provision of related resources;
Coordination and hosting of off-road Events;
Development of XJ/MJ regional :NAXJA: chapters;
Responsible use of public lands through membership in land use focused organizations;
Exploring, maintaining, preserving and enjoying OHV trails with our fellow club members;
Providing social, educational and family recreational activities for its membership;
Promoting the continuing and renewed use of public lands for Highway/Off-Highway Vehicle (HOHV) recreation;
Participating in, and supporting, activities to further the causes of OHV enthusiasts and users of the outdoors;
Improving the status of our sport through the development of better public image and association with people who are interested and active in the sport;
Publicizing and promoting the ideals of the United Four Wheel Drive Association (UFWDA) and Tread Lightly.
And while *some* level of chit chat has always been present, the ratio of useful, helpful posts to mindless banter has changed drastically. My point is that meaningless chit chat was the purpose of the den.

Lately EVERY thread has devolved into nothing but chit chat, laced with an increasing level of personal attacks and derogatory slurs. As a member of NAXJA, I'd like not to become associated with that sort of chit chat and I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but endless pages of that tripe in a forum that was once the pinnacle of all chapters.

PLEASE.... either get involved, be helpful or take it elsewhere.

well exuse me for tiptoing around your throne sir. i'll agree the personal bashing needs to stop... but the "pinnacle of all chapters"? come on now. from now on i will take my friendly banter elsewhere. it seems anything not jeep related belongs somewhere else. im sorry for making friends with you all with my pointless non jeep related banter.

i am puzzled as to why you shook my hand and greeted my as a friend last year at the xmas party when (i wont BS here) a good majority of my posts have been nothing but off (jeep) topic chats with my supposed friends? i dont understand the purpose of having chapter sections if there is to be no social interaction aside from organizing or discussing runs. the fact that people were close and friendly is the whole reason i joined this organization. if we were going by your rules i never would have even thought of joining, and i am not sure i want to consider renwing if that is the way this chapter is going to conduct itself.

:dunno:

it didnt seem to be so structured and regulated when i joined up, maybe i just wasnt paying enough attention to what was going on and just got excited that people had the same intrerests as me.. either way i dont share your view for the way the local forums should be treated.

ya ill SLED to that!

well exuse me for tiptoing around your throne sir. i'll agree the personal bashing needs to stop... but the "pinnacle of all chapters"? come on now. from now on i will take my friendly banter elsewhere. it seems anything not jeep related belongs somewhere else. im sorry for making friends with you all with my pointless non jeep related banter.

i am puzzled as to why you shook my hand and greeted my as a friend last year at the xmas party when (i wont BS here) a good majority of my posts have been nothing but off (jeep) topic chats with my supposed friends? i dont understand the purpose of having chapter sections if there is to be no social interaction aside from organizing or discussing runs. the fact that people were close and friendly is the whole reason i joined this organization. if we were going by your rules i never would have even thought of joining, and i am not sure i want to consider renwing if that is the way this chapter is going to conduct itself.

:dunno:

it didnt seem to be so structured and regulated when i joined up, maybe i just wasnt paying enough attention to what was going on and just got excited that people had the same intrerests as me.. either way i dont share your view for the way the local forums should be treated.

X2 on that Mike, theres always someone in the mix

God Dammm man get a life or stay out of SoCal threads

Like others have stated, when I joined up here I needed help and advise about XJs. I feel that I Have made some good friends along the way, and hope to make more as I meet more people. The forums are full of info,entertainment,people helping people(as it should be) and it has it's share of....well non Jeep related stuff.
I know for myself that if I'm reading a post that doesn't interest me I do not go back to it! I don't complain about it because someone else may find it entertaining or useful. It's just that simple, there are too many people on here with too many ideas of what is right. Don't know how to "fix" it, but hey I'll continue to hang out with my friends and enjoy the threads I want to and ignore the rest.............works for me!

Sorry to have disturbed you. Continue on my friends!!!!:clap:

Like some have said already, if the thread doesn't intrest me I just don't read it.

I'm not sure what Andy wants.....

The topic of 'off topic' type threads comes up every now and again.
I for one, don't care what is posted in our chapter forum (and it appears as though we are the only chapter that has anyone who cares too...) just keep it realativly clean, without too much BS.

Now about this Death Sled Racing....I have a great video camera!

:D

Folks, here's couple things:

1. BSC is going to put on a Sled Racing event. It's a BSC event and while NAXJA memebers/users might end up participating, it's not a NAXJA event. NAXJA claims no responsibility for the event nor what transpires during it.

2. Because it's a BSC event, please do the planning for it @ BSC. You're welcome to post the event note here (just like SoCalXJ does with their Jambo each year) but please do the planning for it elsewhere.

3. Please make sure that your post does not turn into a personal attack whether it's by design or accident. This goes out to EVERYONE and I'm not singling anyone out just saying that it needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back