• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jackgaurd

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
bowhunter said:
Any experience with this product.
http://www.jackguard.com/
Thinking about mount it to my Surco Basket.

I wish I had one when I mounted my jack outside my jeep, everything seized real nice, after a couple good rains. After the rebuild it got a home inside the jeep.

My 60" hi lift is at least 15 years old now. It has been mounted on the rack for that entire period of time and I still have not re-painted it. It works flawlessly every time I use it. It needs to be lubricated and maintained just like anything else mechancial.

I think it makes it too difficult to get to it when you need it. But if you want to protect it as much as possible and you do not need it often, maybe it is worth the extra effort. Just make sure you can mount it solidly on top of the rack, it could be quite the missle in the case of an accident.

Michael

That's why I keep the mechanical part inside nice and dry under the rear seat......(doesn't take up as much space as the whole thing)and I keep the bar mounted to the side of my rack(not as heavy).

The jack handle is in front on the floor beside my seat in case I need to "use it" on somebody's noggin".....makes a great legal form of self defense!!and it fits perfectly over my half inch ratchet as a breaker bar.One more benefit is it'll be less likely to be stolen while driving around town because the only thing up there is the bar.

I just assemble the thing before I go wheeling and throw it back up on the rack.Best of all I didn't waste my money on a big plastic condom for my jack.....let the jokes fly!!!

Last edited:
A lot of the vehicles I see around here have high lifts mounted to the roof or to front/rear bumpers. What is the purpose of this?? They bought a 4x4 suv and that HAD to by that cool red thing to make them look hardcore. What does it do? How does it work? Where do you place it on your 2006 Yukon?
surcoS-fin.jpg

1108--Hi-Lift-Jack-Adapter-.jpg

I have a high lift jack that sits in my garage. I pull it out when I go wheeling. THats it! It goes in the back with everything else. Why would I need it on my bumper for my trip to Target? Just in case the load of toilet paper that I bought causes the truck to high center while driving over a speed bump?

Most of the trucks I see around here with high lifts are driven by posers like these guys.
2005-2788.jpg

I have one for about 3 years and my jack looks new, it also makes mounting it on my rack easier.

d10shun said:
A lot of the vehicles I see around here have high lifts mounted to the roof or to front/rear bumpers. What is the purpose of this?? They bought a 4x4 suv and that HAD to by that cool red thing to make them look hardcore. What does it do? How does it work? Where do you place it on your 2006 Yukon?
surcoS-fin.jpg

I have a high lift jack that sits in my garage. I pull it out when I go wheeling. THats it! It goes in the back with everything else. Why would I need it on my bumper for my trip to Target? Just in case the load of toilet paper that I bought causes the truck to high center while driving over a speed bump?

Most of the trucks I see around here with high lifts are driven by posers like these guys.
2005-2788.jpg

So what happens when you get a flat on your way to target?Then you have to poop and you need ass paper and your jack is in the garage?For me it's not about looking cool it's about being prepared at all times.To me It makes about as much sense as leaving 4wheel drive at home untill you need it.....but whatever works for you.

Last edited:
jeepdeepfreak said:
So what happens when you get a flat on your way to target?Then you have to poop and you need ass paper and your jack is in the garage?For me it's not about looking cool it's about being prepared at all times.To me It makes about as much sense as leaving 4wheel drive at home untill you need it.....but whatever works for you.
A tiny bottle jack under the axle tubes should work too.

d10shun said:

I hope your hi-lift is mounted safely inside your jeep. As I said before it can be a deadly missle in the case of an accident.

My hi-lift mounts to the top of my roof (on a rack) and has for over 15 years on at least 2 vehicles. I use mine all the time. I think that it should be considered a necessity for off road driving. My jeep is a trail only rig (also lives in the garage) but even when it wasn't the hi-lift stayed on top of the rig. I do not think we are talking about possing, I think we are talking about if the box is useful or not.

Again, make sure it is safely mounted where ever it is going to be kept!!

Michael

2offroad said:
I have one for about 3 years and my jack looks new, it also makes mounting it on my rack easier.

How you mount it to the rack? Any pics?

d10shun said:
surcoS-fin.jpg

2005-2788.jpg

Who cares if someone is a "Poser" as you put it, to each there own.

2xtreme said:
I hope your hi-lift is mounted safely inside your jeep. As I said before it can be a deadly missle in the case of an accident.

Michael

I also keep mine in the garage until I go offroad. I've found that the easiest and most accessible spot to mount it in my Jeep is in the back seat strapped down by the middle seat belt.

I keep one of the Harbor Freight ones on the rear bumper at all times and keep the real Hi-Lift in the garage until I go off road. This way, I'm only letting $30 rust and even so I clean and oil it about once a month. I'm a fan of the "One-can-never-be-too-prepared Club."

Timber said:
I keep one of the Harbor Freight ones on the rear bumper at all times and keep the real Hi-Lift in the garage until I go off road. This way, I'm only letting $30 rust and even so I clean and oil it about once a month. I'm a fan of the "One-can-never-be-too-prepared Club."
LOL Tractor supply sells there Hilifts for $45 ,cool

bowhunter said:
LOL Tractor supply sells there Hilifts for $45 ,cool

The tractor supply here doesn't sell the real hi-lifts anymore.. just the knockoffs.

-Chris

Talyn said:
The tractor supply here doesn't sell the real hi-lifts anymore.. just the knockoffs.

-Chris

That sucks the one locally still has both

Used to bungee mine to the roof for wheelin' trips, now it just goes in the back with the rest of my gear. Been very happy with the JackMate case though.

P3157004_Small.jpg

About like Jason's, except on the driver side.

Back