• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jackgaurd

bowhunter said:
Any experience with this product.
http://www.jackguard.com/
Thinking about mount it to my Surco Basket.
I have one. I don't like the cheesy bottom door. It relies on two molded in "tangs" on the door to engage two slots on the main body of the guard to keep the door attached. I can see them breaking off eventually with a little use. I'll probably try to fab up a thin steel support with a hinge to replace that part and screw it into the guard and door.

It's about what you'd expect for a big peice of plastic used to protect your jack. I don't regret buying it given the alternatives but then I would have thought the cheesy steel brackets for bolting it down would have been included for that price.

Not to sound too negative; I'd buy another.

Edit: Just for the record, it will only work with a Hi-Lift jack. It will NOT work with a Jackall.

Root Moose said:
I have one. I don't like the cheesy bottom door. It relies on two molded in "tangs" on the door to engage two slots on the main body of the guard to keep the door attached. I can see them breaking off eventually with a little use.
I have beat on mine for years and the tabs on the door have not come off or the slots in the case broken. Just ask anyone I can break an anvil.

That's good to hear. It certainly doesn't look like it will last.

Back