• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm jake. I have an 88 XJ with 8.8 welded rear, lincoln locked front D30, 6" lift,BFG 33's. I live in Joliet Illinois. here's some pics of my orange crush.
offroad041506010small0sd.jpg
offroad041506007small9cw.jpg

struck009small6ud.jpg

What's up folks! Glad I triped across this site!!!

My name is Jay and I send greetings from Rhode Island. I am in stage one of mod'ing my 1995 xj sport and having a blast. To date I have a teraflex 2" lift with rancharo 5000's and damper, sb link kit and tires are 31X10.5's on new 397's and mod'ed exhaust....Only two weeks in and a way to go, but it's a start...hehehe.

The wife and I are headed to our cabin in Eusitis Me. this weekend to test her out on the jeep trail. ooohhhhh yeah!

Pics to follow.

Peace all!

creeperjeep said:
Just curious when Illinois joined the NAC?
Nice mud
Not sure what NAC is, but if it's new axle club, then yep, snapped it last week. replaced it with larger 297x axle and this time bought a spare to take with me. This was taken at The Cliffes Insane Terrain offfroad park in Marseilles, IL.

jakepac said:
Not sure what NAC is, but if it's new axle club, then yep, snapped it last week. replaced it with larger 297x axle and this time bought a spare to take with me. This was taken at The Cliffes Insane Terrain offfroad park in Marseilles, IL.

Hes saying your in the wrong chapter. This is the North Atlantic Chapter (NAC) you are posting in. Nice rig none the less.

Hello my name is chris and i am from Rhode Island. I drive a 1993 teal cherokee sport 4-door. Right now i am not driving it because the AW4 bit the dust. So i am waiting untill i save up enough cash to replace the transmission. So right now i am a pedestrian.

you got to love fla. non existant lift laws. but x2 on the nice rig. what brings you from sunny warm fla to Brunswick ? Naval Air Station ?

bigwhitey said:
Hey I'm moving to Brunswick Maine in December. I hope the wheelings better there then here.

Home built cheromanchee
blackcorner.JPG
has to be the best lookin chopped XJ ive ever seen

WOW! a thread that was started by me is now a sticky, I feel so special:D

Hey everyone, been frequenting this site for awhile, just got around to doing some work to my rig. My name is Kerry and if I get my move from Indiana, PA to Latrobe, PA done in time I am really hoping to be a part of NACfest. Just as with probably everyone else my WIP has a 4" with 31 BFG muds, new LCA's and am looking to add front and rear tow points VERY soon, Powertrax for the 8.25 and some sliders. Always open for suggestions.
New (to me):
myjeep.jpg

Now:
P5130218.jpg

Hometown is Myerstown, PA (Lebanon County - next to Lancaster County) and I go to Ursinus College (Collegeville PA, near King of Prussia / Philadelphia). I have a '99 XJ SE, very stock at the moment, and as I'm a college student it will be a slow build. So far have 235 tires, rear hitch, and front tow points are in the mail to be installed. Going to Paragon on Saturday the 27th with a couple other near-stockers. I am always looking for someone with more knowledge than myself of learn from, let me know if you're in the area!

Hi All. I'm from Albany, NY. I'm a tech at a local C/J dealer:repair: . It's a '98, 4.0L, 5-speed. Not much into off-roading for financial reasons, but I like to keep it looking good and performing well. Not many mods, just a Hesco TB spacer and K&N filter. Now I'm looking into just 1"-1.5" lift shackles to adjust for the leaf sag. It's my DD so I'm looking for street and highway performance. Got a great sound system:woohoo: !
jeepleft.JPG

OMG!!! I never thought I'd see another XJ with those wheels on it! Very kewl.

I'm Dave from Canton, CT. I have a 99 XJ Sport with 4.0L, AW4, NP231, D30/8.25, K&N FIPK, 62mm TB and a Dynomax cat-back. I write Computer Aided Design software and am a volunteer firefighter. I bought my XJ mainly for responding to fire calls as it has plenty of room for all my gear and gets me through our New England snows. The only real off-roading I do is for fishing and camping with my 2 sons and the occasional brush fire.

jeep2.jpg

PS: I know the tires suk, they are on the list to be replaced. Getting a set of Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 30x9.5's

Last edited:
CantonXJ said:
OMG!!! I never thought I'd see another XJ with those wheels on it! Very kewl.
Working at a dealer has it's advantages. When the XJ body was put to pasture, all the Mopar accessories went on a huge sale. It was first come, first served. I got the last set in the country for $24 a piece!:party:

Back