• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trade Built XJ for 99-02 WJ

xjrbw

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys - I'm in the process of trying to switch to a WJ. I don't hit the trails enough to warrant the jeep anymore, and I'm likely moving cross-country w/ trailer in the coming month. Anyways, was wondering if any of you guys might have a nice WJ and want to trade for my XJ. I'm looking for one of equal/less value which puts me in the 99-02 range. I'd like less than 130k, Laredo (cloth seats preferred, no blend doors!!) but with the V8 and tow package. I'm open on color except that damn champagne color everyone has haha.

Here are the specs on my XJ:

2001 XJ Sport – 95k, Black w/ Grey Interior, Auto, 4.0L, 4x4, 4dr, Power Doors/Windows
3.5” Rubicon Express lift + 1.25” Spacer F/Shackle R, Sitting on 33 MTR w/ Black Steel Wheels
TNT Long Arm kit with Integrated Belly Skid, Advanced Adaptors SYE w/ Tom Woods Rear Shaft, Bilstien 5100 Shocks w/ BPEs, Alumaflex Tie Rod, JCR rock rails, Rock Lizard Front Bumper w/ 2 Hellas, Factory Hitch, Gas Tank Skid, Yakima Rack, K&N Intake, Throttle Body Spacer, Flowmaster 50, Front Diff Guard. Stock D30 and 8.25
The Good – Solid Jeep w/ lower mileage, $4000 in aftermarket parts alone (not including tires or any labor)
What it needs –New Tires, Rear Main Leaking (but not dripping/requiring oil)
I’ve owned the vehicle two years. Have done the following since purchase: Feb 08 -rebuilt drive shaft April 08 -replaced battery and leads, Dec 08 -replaced 3 TREs and pass wheel bearing, replaced shocks
Going in as we speak: new thermostat, spark plugs, starter, wind shield
My logic on the pricing: KBB good @ $4500 + Half value of upgrades = $6500

BTW, if no trade is made, this XJ will be for sale once I find the right WJ on craigslist. (been looking everyday for months haha) If you're thinking of selling a WJ let me know!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=39555310&l=780570b8e5&id=10211664

photo.php

Well I found my WJ. This XJ will officially be for sale once I can get a new windshield in. Or, if you want I can lower the price to compensate. Tell your friends. Would make a PERFECT valentines present for the wife, right!?

Back