• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Hood Clearance

I do not know your smog regulations there but Spectre has low profile plenums (single and dual) that you can match up TB size. You can heliarc a short 1" high aluminum piece of tubing to the plenum and join them with a short 2.5" hose between the TB and the plenum. I would go dual to balance the load. If you go single you can heliarc a bracket to the top where the bolt would go and make a support bracket! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-771-Low-Profile-Dual-Filter-Cold-Air-Intake-Kit-
or www.sfxperformance.com

Last edited:
I figured out a solution with pointing it backwards. The binding post has washers underneath and above the tab to make it adjustable. I will probably replace it with a shorter bolt later once I am satisfied it does not rattled against the hood or valve cover as there is only about 0.25" clearance between each.

gallery_1_12_161376.jpg

gallery_1_12_174698.jpg

Looks really good. Did you port the opening on the intake to make it to
68mm?

Hmm I am getting a 70mm from F&B so i guess that's a waste. I have the Sprintex on a lay away from Jon and will not have it in my possession until Dec. Do you have a pic of the opening? I know CobraMarty ran a 70mm TB on his too...

Hmm I am getting a 70mm from F&B so i guess that's a waste. I have the Sprintex on a lay away from Jon and will not have it in my possession until Dec. Do you have a pic of the opening? I know CobraMarty ran a 70mm TB on his too...

Sorry, I do not have a picture of it.

Are you going to leave it like that or get some cold air to it?

It has cooler air over on that side of the engine by a small margin. :D I plan to leave it like that.

It has cooler air over on that side of the engine by a small margin. :D I plan to leave it like that.

It does, but still the hot air will be heated further by the supercharger

Back