• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

15% off eBay if anyone is interested
9a66840f84c7425cc7c9426cdc5dea03.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have 50+ items on ebay...good stuff...

mac ‘sell, sell, sell’ gyvr

Yes get a 10k trailer, at least, if you go enclosed, 14k would be awesome.

If you cheap out on a 7k, it will always be overloaded...bent axles, blown tires, etc.

mac ‘buy it once, buy it right’ gyvr

Today is a day at work I hoped I never have to see again. A funeral for an officer kia is happening. Last Friday a city police officer was shot and killed. This is the second time that one has been kia since I started work at the station, two too many.

Guys I need some help.

Got a 2000 cherokee that needs full gear sets installed. Have everything needed just looking to get this done as soon as possible as he is moving to Colorado in a month. I don’t have the tools or time for this type of job

Thanks in advance

Usually I’d chime in and offer to do them but I’m swapped with work right now so a month would probably be possible but that probably would be an issue.
For future reference though both myself and Justin DoWorkXJ can do axle work in Columbus OH

Macgyvr has got me his guys info. I’m awaiting the reply. I’ll keep it in mind next time. This guys just in a hurry cause he got a job and has to be in Colorado by the 5th.

I didn’t think you even had to sleep I was curious

I have a question for those who have done this, looking for a quick Chicago trip this fall for a day. Thinking of taking the South Shore line into Chicago to Navy Pier/lake shore area. Anyone know how close the that train gets you to that area? We have been to Chicago multiply times but never on a trip by ourselves and usually by charter bus.

I have a question for those who have done this, looking for a quick Chicago trip this fall for a day. Thinking of taking the South Shore line into Chicago to Navy Pier/lake shore area. Anyone know how close the that train gets you to that area? We have been to Chicago multiply times but never on a trip by ourselves and usually by charter bus.

It drops you off about 1/2 mile from there or so. You can walk Michigan ave to there. Or uber

Their map shows the stops.

Macgyvr has got me his guys info. I’m awaiting the reply. I’ll keep it in mind next time. This guys just in a hurry cause he got a job and has to be in Colorado by the 5th.

I didn’t think you even had to sleep I was curious

Seth does a good job and is fast. I love my 4:56 gears LOL.

Be sure to break them in before the drive to CO.

Splain this please? How does one break gears in other than driving em?

Splain this please? How does one break gears in other than driving em?

You shouldn't drive 500 miles at one speed without stopping after the install.

You shouldn't tow anything for 500 miles.

Some say that you should change the gear oil after 500 miles...there's lots of opinions on it.

None of it hurts.

I've never really worried about it and never had an issue.

mac 'you don't change the gear oil on a new car after 500 miles...' gyvr

Some say with all new stuff you have to develop a wear pattern and when it’s doing that it gets pretty warm and the heat effects the longevity of the oil.

That said I’ve set up gears in overland Jeeps that pull trailers long distances and never “broke them in”. I just tell them to change their gear oil at their next oil change.

I was told by my installer new gears need several heat/cool cycles the first couple hundred miles. Drive 15 or 20 Miles on the interstate then park it for a few hours and let them completely cool. Then do it again. At 500 Miles he changed fluid and inspected the gears.

Back