• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

He wheeled like I've been screaming at my tv for people to wheel every time I have watched This show.

Has anyone noticed that any time someone makes it threw the last wooded part all the host say "I don't think it's firing on all cylinders" I'm starting to wonder if they are firing on all cylinders.

im pretty sure there is 1 scrip they just recycle between host every episode. im also sick of hearing "My Guy"

the show is better than a lot crap on tv but still cheesy as all hell. i bet behind the scenes stuff would be cool

Looks a bit rough. It you got plenty of time to clean her up and test her out before moab

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Chuck, you got some work ahead of you, but you also got time before moab.

Good start!

mac '5+ months to moab' gyvr

It is and I do. I hope to have it done for the Redbird trip.

That'll work! Weird axle placement, you're going to have to pull the Jeep all the way forward to get any tongue weight. At least with the money you saved you can set it up the way you want!

I originally wanted a trailer like that but I haul firewood in the fall/winter and the tractor at different times of the year. I borrowed a trailer for years (with permission :D) but my neighbor was selling his at a price I couldn't refuse.

It's a whole new ballgame with the tow rig/trailer. Not even so much that you will be harder on your Jeep (but you will) it's the comfort of driving the tow rig on the way home vs. the Jeep with all its new noises and wobbles.

I am looking forward to the comfort of driving home in the tow rig. I also like the thought of being able to not worry about driving the jeep home. Means I can do some harder stuff.

Got some stuff done on my first day off since WF:

Several wheels later, I finally got everything the PO had welded on ground off. Now I just need to paint it, wire lights, fix brakes, and etc. Wow what did I get myself into?

Last edited:
I finally watched Truck Night. He did awesome, especially in the swamp. Did he get to keep the winch? I feel the same as most of you, kind of cheesy but better than the other “reality”. I also agree that the editors recycle the same host comments on every show. I did think the balance beam competition was pretty cool. I think that was a new one.

It was a new one. If it isn’t free to watch on history, I can record his segments from my phone and upload them somewhere so all on here can watch.

I finally watched Truck Night. He did awesome, especially in the swamp. Did he get to keep the winch? I feel the same as most of you, kind of cheesy but better than the other “reality”. I also agree that the editors recycle the same host comments on every show. I did think the balance beam competition was pretty cool. I think that was a new one.
Yes, he kept it. And a new set of Boggers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s cool he got the winch, tires and $10k. I don’t know if it was a good idea putting the bigger tires on the YJ or not. If he flexed much at all they would be into the tub on the rear. I hate seeing people go because of broken parts.

I think it’s bs they get any equipment during the competition, should be wheel what you brung, those tires could have given the other guy an advantage.

It’s all about advertising. That’s what pays for the show. Somebody was getting a winch and tires that day. Several things about that show aren’t quite fair. It’s tough for a rock crawler to compete against a mud/drag truck in a straight line race. Honestly, if that newer Silverado hadn’t broke down in the first race Josh may have been eliminated then. However, he should have gotten bonus points for taking out the drone.

That drone hit was awesome.

Another good trip to SMORR is in the books. Carnage tally for my group of 7 rigs was 8 trailer tires on 3 trailers, one nv4500 5th gear(tow rig), one 8.1 watwrpump(my tow rig), one elc fan fuse(mine), one set of lug studs got wallered out , one hydro clutch slave(wheeling rig). 2 flops, 3 stucks, buddys 37 SXIIs kicked ass I now want tne 40s next year if tbe buggy doesnt sell this season. All in all good times.

Another good trip to SMORR is in the books. Carnage tally for my group of 7 rigs was 8 trailer tires on 3 trailers, one nv4500 5th gear(tow rig), one 8.1 watwrpump(my tow rig), one elc fan fuse(mine), one set of lug studs got wallered out , one hydro clutch slave(wheeling rig). 2 flops, 3 stucks, buddys 37 SXIIs kicked ass I now want tne 40s next year if tbe buggy doesnt sell this season. All in all good times.
Sounds like a good trip!

Not like I need another project or anything but my grand parents are looking at getting rid of their 2001 GMC 2500 truck with the 6.0 in it. Truck is rusting away and has some other problems going on with it. Thinking of picking it up to get the drive train out of it. What would be a good running offer on these trucks? Haven't really messed with Chevy/GMC side of trucks so don't know what good prices are on it.

There is a guy in Iowa that parts them out all the time, the motor, tranny and transfer case alone bring around 1500 to 1800 with the wiring harness and computer. That's all dependent upon miles.

What all is rusted and wrong with it? Crew cab or ext?
The last time I seen it the rocker panels were completely gone. I'm sure more has rusted on it by now. Has some electrical problems inside I guess. Power steering pump is out. Who knows what else. It's maybe had 1000 miles put on it in past few years. It's an ext cab short bed truck.

0b56347e74e3a032478ae4086bb2d65c.jpg

mac ‘i hate Michigan vehicles’ gyvr

Back