• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I occasionally got asked to work overtime on weekends from 11am to whenever my station got online with our programming source in Indy (sometimes 2am or later), I am not a night person so when I got off, I got home and went to sleep. My wife works 7pm to around 8am if she can leave the hospital in time. She can sleep three hours and be good for the day if she doesn't work that night again. I need at least six hours otherwise I am very cranky in the morning.

I am up at 5 every morning and get early chores knocked out and at the office from 6:30 to 4:00, then back home for afternoon chores (mainly during winter, spring through fall there is typically enough bgrass that we do not need to supplemental feed) and then do the husband/father things around teh house and in bed by 10:00. When planting and harvest roll around, it is 5 AM to midnight or beyond until the job is done.......often 24 hours straight or more....thank goodness for coffee, hookers and top shelf blow, wait, wrong party.

Cheese "makes less than minimum wage when you factor in the hours" Man

I have a love hate relationship with my job.

Home with a sick kiddo today. Still had an hour of stupid work BS to deal with. Internet access everywhere brings the suck sometimes.

My boss came back from his vacation pushed off his retirement till next year sometimes, but has acted like he retired when he went on vacation since he came back....

Come on March.... so tired of this stuff.

I am up at 5 every morning and get early chores knocked out and at the office from 6:30 to 4:00, then back home for afternoon chores (mainly during winter, spring through fall there is typically enough bgrass that we do not need to supplemental feed) and then do the husband/father things around teh house and in bed by 10:00. When planting and harvest roll around, it is 5 AM to midnight or beyond until the job is done.......often 24 hours straight or more....thank goodness for coffee, hookers and top shelf blow, wait, wrong party.

Cheese "makes less than minimum wage when you factor in the hours" Man

Yeah, being a farmer with a cabin, a hot rod, a jeep and a boat sucks :smootch:

Well so much for those tires, even though it said there were two sets available. The next closest price was the goodyear wrangler RTS's but I've seen how much they suck off pavement. Was going to just order treadwrights but he needs good tire service and availability. Luckily I have friends in the BIDNESS and am trying to find him a decent deal on some General Grabber AT2's.

Flexd 'they don't make a tire he can't destroy' XJ

Last edited:
I have a love hate relationship with my job.

Same. The job is cool but the upper management sucks. It's getting better slowly but as expected it's not enough and not soon.

Treadwrights suck ass.

Every fan boy has never ran a real tire.

There I said it

Have some on my DD... Other than picking a shitload of gravel, they work great on a street driver/tow vehicle.

But they weren't bought as an off-road tire and I have no expectations they would work like one.

Yeah, being a farmer with a cabin, a hot rod, a jeep and a boat sucks :smootch:

I dont have a "fun" jeep any more or a boat...but I do have a sweet ass hotrod in the making and a pretty nice cabin. Still looking at lake lots to start on our retirement home too :D We put in a shitload of hours, but we are building up mega equity in our land and assests, so it is all good. Work hard to afford to play hard, thats the way it is supposed to be right? Unfortunatly working like this makes you old fast, and I am already feeling it at times, as is Camille (nearly cost us our marriage a few months back)....my brother says I am burning a candle from both ends with a stick of dynomite in the center...I think he may be right. This year I am actually letting a few of my rented acres go bc it is not getting any easier to get reliable help and I am just not needing the extra headaches. These past few months have really put things into prespective for us, so a little downsizing and reorganization has really helped. Plus Case has taken up racing ATV's as of late and he wants to shift into dirt bikes now....so that will be our next direction of time (and $) involvement (which I love the smell of 2 stroke oil burning in the morning!).

Cheese "thank goodness for our day jobs" Man

I work a 24hr job. Worked all day yesterday, went home ate dinner and then went straight back out at 8 for a large loss, water running out the porch roof.

Tonight i already have another late job to go to, after my 8 hr workday. Next week i might be bored, i never know whats next

Flexd, I missed what exactly you were looking for in a tire, but have you looked at the Kenda Klever M/Ts? Actionfab really likes his and they're about the same price as general grabber ATs... not sure if you want an M/T or not though.

I dont have a "fun" jeep any more or a boat...but I do have a sweet ass hotrod in the making and a pretty nice cabin. Still looking at lake lots to start on our retirement home too :D We put in a shitload of hours, but we are building up mega equity in our land and assests, so it is all good. Work hard to afford to play hard, thats the way it is supposed to be right? Unfortunatly working like this makes you old fast, and I am already feeling it at times, as is Camille (nearly cost us our marriage a few months back)....my brother says I am burning a candle from both ends with a stick of dynomite in the center...I think he may be right. This year I am actually letting a few of my rented acres go bc it is not getting any easier to get reliable help and I am just not needing the extra headaches. These past few months have really put things into prespective for us, so a little downsizing and reorganization has really helped. Plus Case has taken up racing ATV's as of late and he wants to shift into dirt bikes now....so that will be our next direction of time (and $) involvement (which I love the smell of 2 stroke oil burning in the morning!).

Cheese "thank goodness for our day jobs" Man

Good to hear you and Camille are working things out!!! :cheers:

I've got 49 hours in already this week too.

Fore 'eating at McDonald's' Wheeler.

51dbe2b3668f5c5e1ebc52e999fae0d7.jpg

Well so much for those tires, even though it said there were two sets available. The next closest price was the goodyear wrangler RTS's but I've seen how much they suck off pavement. Was going to just order treadwrights but he needs good tire service and availability. Luckily I have friends in the BIDNESS and am trying to find him a decent deal on some General Grabber AT2's.

Flexd 'they don't make a tire he can't destroy' XJ

hankooks.

probably ten percent cheaper than the generals, and fantastic.
better than the falkens.

Back