• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

thanks for the good words guys. this is kind of a "if i get it=awesome. if i don't=meh, im still going to school so whatever" situation.

the awkward part will be working with the guy who did not like me in the 1st interview.
then when im awesome at the job, i can be all like BOOM!.

haha i wont

but i will think it.

i wonder if they even hired anyone. ill have to ask my buddy...

ooorrr....

maybe the guy realized how awesome you were already, felt threatened by your awesomeness and knew someday soon his high paying job would be at risk.

:)

45 minutes of me teaching maintenance procedures and only 5 people fell asleep. I'll chalk that up as a win.

red 'mr. rogers' voice' heep

since i work a 10hr shift before class everyday i have a tendency to either day dream or start nodding off during most of my teachers lectures.

to fix this i started recording the lectures on my phone, then listening to them over the Bluetooth in the car on my 45 min one way drive:cool:

ooorrr....

maybe the guy realized how awesome you were already, felt threatened by your awesomeness and knew someday soon his high paying job would be at risk.

this is probably the case. i shall put my time in, eventually advance over him and demote him to 3rd shift janitor:gag:

3RD shift janitor is probably a cake job. think about it its dark almost everywhere. two guys had already swept the crap up before you. the boss isn't there to nag ya. you'd be doing him a favor...

ooorrr....

Or he is the typical completely out of touch HR person sitting in his cube lording over the people in the office. Just laying in wait to screw up insurance items, paychecks and burn people in interviews.

3RD shift janitor is probably a cake job. think about it its dark almost everywhere. two guys had already swept the crap up before you. the boss isn't there to nag ya. you'd be doing him a favor...

my buddy got a 3rd shift janitor job where jennie works.

it's a super sweet gig except for the third shift part. he doesn't even see his supervisor except once a week at a meeting.

I would take 3rd shift over 2nd shift. I hated being on 2nds especially with having kids. Never really got to see them.

I would take 3rd shift over 2nd shift. I hated being on 2nds especially with having kids. Never really got to see them.

^^^QFT

I work every shift when I'm busy. I've had days when i work all day and night and back in the morning. Even when I had a full time gig in NYC, I was working 2nd shift but also covering over night and morning audio gigs...I never saw my wife :(

2nd shift was hard on my liver...

mac 'check liver light will be on this week' gyvr

I work a mix between 2nd and 3rd shift; 5p-3a. I have been doing it for 3 1/2 years and I love it. Since the kids are home-schooled I get to spend the whole day with them before I go to work.

Bonus is that the brass goes home at 4, so I never see them unless I go to the office during the day for something.

new neighbors moved in today. an old bagged cutlass with with a straight pipe rolled off the uhaul trailer...i though maybe wheeler was moving in

Re: Re: Important

I love Oldsmobile's.
Jed was jokingly talking about getting the diesel out again. I should just buy it from him and drive it till the motor blows up or pukes headgaskets.

My official schedule is 8a-5p with noon-1 off.
Once harvest starts it'll be 12+hr days in the combine.
89"harvest overtime=$$$$"Laredo

Re: Re: Important

Jed was jokingly talking about getting the diesel out again. I should just buy it from him and drive it till the motor blows up or pukes headgaskets.

My official schedule is 8a-5p with noon-1 off.
Once harvest starts it'll be 12+hr days in the combine.
89"harvest overtime=$$$$"Laredo
See if he wants to sell.

Back