• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So back in feb i was given an opportunity to catch a new job at a factory doing injection mat. i was nervous cuz i have not changed jobs to much in my life but i took an interview. they never called and i was kinda bummed, although somewhat relieved. the offer would be hired in threw a temp agency. i would have taken a pretty decent pay cut getting the job and it technically was not even what i was going to school for. we only took one class on fluid power. but it would have given me experience in the field. much more than my current job. so i was hoping it would be a good stepping stone.

late last week my buddy has a chat with me. says they(him and the boss) were talking with one of the guys that works there. they were talking about his school and his boss was mentioning that he really likes what KCC is teaching you guys. great information for the field. he really liked KCC. so my buddy says, yea i have a friend who had an interview but nobody ever called him. so the boss says, really? thats interesting. i bet he had a bad interview. thats a common issue. they talk to the guy that interviewed me and sure enough he said, yea he just didn't do well in the interview. so the boss tells my buddy, bring me a resume and ill take the interview.

so at 1st i was planning on turning it down because times are a little hard right now and i cant afford a pay cut. then he informs me that they are not hiring threw the temp anymore. its starting at full pay, full benefits, full time employee. and they are not looking for an injection guy, they want me for electrical mat.(what im in school for)

i turned my resume in and my buddy says that's its very likely. and they want me quick.

so im excited and sick to my stomach.

wonder why i did bad in the interview? well i got this job over 14 years ago and i was interview for a part time night car wash kid at the age of 16. lets go ahead and assume i dont have a lot of interview experience.

Truck shopping on CL for my brother, just bought a 5th wheel and is selling his Honda and buying a truck to pull it with. He's moving west in a few months. looking at 2500 chevy's. 8.1 comes with the allison, is the 6.0 the 4l80?
6.0/4l80 is good, but thirsty. I honestly not sure the 8.1 does worse on mileage.

Labor of weekend complete...

Off to Columbus, oh for a work conference this afternoon for the rest of the week...

mac 'per diem' gyvr

only an hour away. was there sunday.

So back in feb i was given an opportunity to catch a new job at a factory doing injection mat. i was nervous cuz i have not changed jobs to much in my life but i took an interview. they never called and i was kinda bummed, although somewhat relieved. the offer would be hired in threw a temp agency. i would have taken a pretty decent pay cut getting the job and it technically was not even what i was going to school for. we only took one class on fluid power. but it would have given me experience in the field. much more than my current job. so i was hoping it would be a good stepping stone.

late last week my buddy has a chat with me. says they(him and the boss) were talking with one of the guys that works there. they were talking about his school and his boss was mentioning that he really likes what KCC is teaching you guys. great information for the field. he really liked KCC. so my buddy says, yea i have a friend who had an interview but nobody ever called him. so the boss says, really? thats interesting. i bet he had a bad interview. thats a common issue. they talk to the guy that interviewed me and sure enough he said, yea he just didn't do well in the interview. so the boss tells my buddy, bring me a resume and ill take the interview.

so at 1st i was planning on turning it down because times are a little hard right now and i cant afford a pay cut. then he informs me that they are not hiring threw the temp anymore. its starting at full pay, full benefits, full time employee. and they are not looking for an injection guy, they want me for electrical mat.(what im in school for)

i turned my resume in and my buddy says that's its very likely. and they want me quick.

so im excited and sick to my stomach.

wonder why i did bad in the interview? well i got this job over 14 years ago and i was interview for a part time night car wash kid at the age of 16. lets go ahead and assume i dont have a lot of interview experience.

Good luck!

May not have been you that did bad in that interview, may have been a bad interviewer. I've been on a few in the years, some good some bad. Even had one that I walked out of because the interviewer was a complete asshole whose sole purpose was to make the people he interviewed feel like a piece of shit. Had a couple other friends that interviewed for that job and wound up doing the same thing, so I knew it wasn't just me.

Good luck!

May not have been you that did bad in that interview, may have been a bad interviewer. I've been on a few in the years, some good some bad. Even had one that I walked out of because the interviewer was a complete asshole whose sole purpose was to make the people he interviewed feel like a piece of shit. Had a couple other friends that interviewed for that job and wound up doing the same thing, so I knew it wasn't just me.

this...very much so.

go in...be yourself and don't worry too much about the answers to the questions. usually people think the questions are the most important, but they are wanting to test your personality as much as they want to quiz you. you probably already know the answers to the questions already anyway. eye contact, firm hand shakes and a smile go a long ways in an interview.

this...very much so.

go in...be yourself and don't worry too much about the answers to the questions. usually people think the questions are the most important, but they are wanting to test your personality as much as they want to quiz you. you probably already know the answers to the questions already anyway. eye contact, firm hand shakes and a smile go a long ways in an interview.

Firm hand shake is a must at the beginning and end of any interview. Eye contact throughout. Introduce yourself up front even though your name is on their piece of paper. And thank them at the end for the opportunity. All of that goes a long way... But Google can tell you all that.

Good luck.

only an hour away. was there sunday.

Not going to really have access to a vehicle...12 of us in two vans...

Staying at a hilton near a world of beer is all I know...

I told Durbin last week i was going to be in Columbus this week...but I have no idea on an afternoon itinerary as of yet...

mac 'a trip where I don't have to drive' gyvr

thanks for the good words guys. this is kind of a "if i get it=awesome. if i don't=meh, im still going to school so whatever" situation.

the awkward part will be working with the guy who did not like me in the 1st interview.
then when im awesome at the job, i can be all like BOOM!.

haha i wont

but i will think it.

i wonder if they even hired anyone. ill have to ask my buddy...

Back