• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Today I was giving my roommate hell about not replacing the screwed up tires on his XJ which I'm almost positive are what is causing the the death wobble. Today he blew one on the way to work. I just ordered him a set of 235/75r15 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's for $344 shipped. Discount tire has them for pretty damn cheap on eBay.

Rent is $350 so he's just gonna pay my rent and we'll call it even.

Which one? Easton, or are you downtown?

Easton

what a great little setup they got going on here

mac 'staying at the hilton' gyvr

3RD shift janitor is probably a cake job. think about it its dark almost everywhere. two guys had already swept the crap up before you. the boss isn't there to nag ya. you'd be doing him a favor...
This is true.

If you fall asleep in my class, you get a stapler thrown at you. I guess it's a little different than college.
Ha. I guess when it's your money and your future they don't care. I have never fallen asleep but I Have gotten very heavy eyed and I have day dreamed.

Today was 4 hours of lecture. I could barley get 5 out of 2+2 by the end...

I would take 3rd shift over 2nd shift. I hated being on 2nds especially with having kids. Never really got to see them.

I'm digging second shift. But I'm single and have no life

I have been told that 2nd shift is awesome if your a signal partier. Sleep in late get off at a good party time. But if you have a famo it sucks cuz you never see them.

I would hope to land 1st. I am not wired to be 2nd or 3rd. I'll do it if I have to but 1st month or 2 will be very difficult. I can't even seem to day a mid day nap on a Sunday after staying up all night on Saturday.

A third shifter can nap anytime, anyplace, for any amount of time.

mac 'just ask me' gyvr

Justin I'm going over to Easton tomorrow if you wanna come with... Mac what day are you heading home? The have a cool cars and coffee thing that we are going to Saturday morning.

still cant figure out what is going on with the starter in the gold jeep...i pulled the NSS off because i don't have back up lights and because the jeep won't start with the key. cleaned it again and checked continuity between all of the terminals and they all seem like they are connecting as they should...still no power to the starter. i'm wondering if there is something wrong with the switch wire? maybe its not sending a 12v switch signal to bridge the solenoid in the starter? that doesn't explain my backup lights though. maybe they're just burnt out...ugh...too tired to keep working on it.

its pretty much ready to move but i need it to be able to start on its own!

Re: Re: Important

Justin I'm going over to Easton tomorrow if you wanna come with... Mac what day are you heading home? The have a cool cars and coffee thing that we are going to Saturday morning.
Dang. I would, but I have class tonight after work.

Re: Re: Important

Easton

what a great little setup they got going on here

mac 'staying at the hilton' gyvr
Yeah, there's a lot to do in the area. World of Beer is nice, but I like to get my beer a couple hundred feet away at Fado's Irish Pub. Guinness on tap.

Finished my BOM last night, considering everything... Pretty happy with the outcome considering I have to build 2 of everything. Quality QA1 and FK components. 6061 aluminum stock, 3140 chromoly, and thin walled DOM. BOM for the entire vehicle is done as well... Actually comparable in price to previous year (in the cost report, not in the fabrication).

With that said... The projected travel expenses for going to 3 events this year is huge, considering one is on the west coast. Good news is that we have done a lot of work lately to put the science and technology building on the map. So... Today... I sit down and tell the dean we need 35 large for CMU to finally bring home trophies.

At the end of the day... I'm drinking a beer either way.

FRIDAY!! for me at least...

off 3 work 2 off 4.

Rew'working like a macgyvr'Ster

Enjoying a conference this week

mac 'odd not to work 16 hrs a day' gyvr

I work a mix between 2nd and 3rd shift; 5p-3a. I have been doing it for 3 1/2 years and I love it. Since the kids are home-schooled I get to spend the whole day with them before I go to work.

Bonus is that the brass goes home at 4, so I never see them unless I go to the office during the day for something.

That schedule wouldn't be too bad actually.

On days i'm in the office (which is rare), i'm supposed to be 8-5 with an hour lunch whenever I want it. Usually works out to a short lunch with a combination of starting earlier or ending later....or all three.

However since my week usually involves me bouncing all over the country, my schedule is just as hectic.

For example, tomorrow starts with a 5:50am flight to Texas...

I worked from 6:00 AM until 9:00 PM yesterday.
I started a home inspection at 7:30 PM last night and on the way out the door, I told them I usually do not act like Mr. Magoo, but I had had a long day and needed to eat something.
I looked at an eight unit apartment building that the bank has for priced at $150,000.00.
I told the bank I wouldn't give them $20,000.00 for it!
It was more of a hog house than an apartment building.
It needed $50,000.00 in repairs, three of the units were uninhabitable.
The guy who bought it thought it would be good income property with little or no work.
In the first year the tenants destroyed the place and the owner walked away from it
Way to go HGTV!

Back