• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have succeeded

What year would everyone suggest I get?
I like the original Jeep steering wheel and no airbags, what year did they start changing all that? Dont wanna go rock krawling and have them deploy =(

your airbags wont deploy during rock crawling. Not unless you fall nose first at a good rate of speed, then at that point, I'd want an airbag.

I'd recommend a 99 like mine or 97+.

djblade311 said:
your airbags wont deploy during rock crawling. Not unless you fall nose first at a good rate of speed, then at that point, I'd want an airbag.

I'd recommend a 99 like mine or 97+.

x2

'97+ That is, if it's in your budget..

E

I say stay away from the new ones. I myself would have a hard time beating on a newer XJ. That said SMOG laws are getting harder on the pre-96's so maybe that wouldn't be so bad.........

With my luck I should get a M923A1 6x6 on some 14x20 Super Singles

I had no problem kicking the old XJ's door in after overheating on the freeway with the A/C on, so I'd have no problem removing flares and cutting fenders along with chopping the muffler off and boring out a throttle body the same day I get it. I might get another older one because of the knock sensor. The XJ got about 18-20MPG freeway and I dont think Ill ever get that again with another.

LOL sticking in the from end is no problem its hooking up the 4wheel drive linkage from the cab into the t-case and all that other modifications especially when there is no 4wd handle inside the cab. I have the 231 inside the red one and have no problem inserting it into a 2wd XJ, the biggest problem is hooking the t-case into the cab. I dont have any problem doing it its just needing the time to install it.

Last edited:
RªMB° said:
LOL sticking in the from end is no problem its hooking up the 4wheel drive linkage from the cab into the t-case and all that other modifications especially when there is no 4wd handle inside the cab.

That is the easiest part beleive it or not. But that part is an ancient secret that one must learn grasshopper.

Ok, I will give you a hint. YJ

If I get a stick in the next XJ and its 2wd than Ill stick a NV241OR into it. If its an auto Ill stick the 231 into it. I have a D44 from the red jeep so I wont have to worry about upgrading it until I want a D60 and a crazy size tire.

Next weekend is XJ Jamboree for me, because than Ill know how much I can spend towards the next XJ.

Back