• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrewed snow plow???

Pfft.
Good lord. Is this what Tech has come too?
This should be in Advance Fab......I mean really! He had to cut angles and everything!

:dunce:

Hale

well i dont have to raise or lower it because of the carpet on the bottom that makes up the gap.

I know the thing looks like a POS...which it basically is...i had a free day and decided to build it with what I had laying around. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it...definately made a boring day much more fun. Plus It's built in a way that When I leave for school during the winter my dad can put this on the jeep and my mom can use it so she doesnt have to shovel since my dad works late.

Man I think its kewl as hell...

but what do I know I'm from Tx were it only ices over. I've never seen snow like that here.

It was cold today and we actually got a few flakes but it'll be back up to 50-60 later in the week.

kewlkatdady said:
Man I think its kewl as hell...

but what do I know I'm from Tx were it only ices over. I've never seen snow like that here.

It was cold today and we actually got a few flakes but it'll be back up to 50-60 later in the week.

I'm gonna try and say this as kindly as I can....I HATE YOU!!! It's been like -7 for the past week here. 50-60...thats swimming weather!

dbswede said:
you need some duct tape on there
x2!

I think it's great tech. A hell of lot more interesting than which three inch lift should I buy.

Fred

Jeepthing88 said:
I'm gonna try and say this as kindly as I can....I HATE YOU!!! It's been like -7 for the past week here. 50-60...thats swimming weather!

I envy you! 27* tonight, 40* tomorrow, and 60* Friday. All that cold and not a flake of snow. I love the snow!! I hate living in Texas!!

Luckily next week I'm flying to New Hampshire for snowboarding. This storm couldn't have come at a better time.

dbswede said:
you need some duct tape on there

you kidding me...you cant do a getto project with this without duct tape
of course there's duct tape on there....used it to hold on the carpet while i nailed it on....just never took it off

I'm gonna go put some sun tan oil on....
beavisnbutthead.gif

Jeepthing88 said:
I HATE YOU!!!

The original Scottish snowplow:gee: . Thats absolutely genius. And to think I actually bought a plow for the quadrunner. I could have saved the $$ and bought some more jeep stuff. :doh:

I have to say, living in alaska we get our fair share of snow in the winter and that is prob the most unique plow I have ever seen. Mad props for getting it to work, was very surprised. The V blade is probable better than the straight edge just because it seems easier to re-enforce. And yea, about the duct tape.... you need to put more on there. haha we don't go anywhere up here w/o it. The town I live in sold more in one year than the entire US (according to sales records).

Just add more duct tape and call it "water proofing" so the wood won't rot or something haha.

Later
Robert

Back