• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey guys, new to the area. Looking for some help

I managed to get both the driver side upper and lower bolts in.
The passenger lower i got 1/2 way in and the passenger top is a good 3-4 inches from going in. I gave up after snapping the head off the lower track bar mount bolt :banghead::banghead:

Guess ill go buy a ratchet strap and try again.

Get the control arms first. Then move to the tracbar. Once you have the control arms in and tightened with vehicle weight on them you can turn the steering wheel till the tracbar lines up. I secured the upper then adjusted the steering wheel till the bottom was close then used elbow greese to get it dead on. Oh and if you have adjustable CA's make sure you have them where you want them for caster.

I believe you have my phone number, but I don't have yours.... :)

So it only snows on the days I have off....

Does anyone have a 2 car garage they want to let me use for the weekend? haha

Im contemplating taking it to a shop to have the rears and such done :/

You got the front installed?

All but one uca, I need to use the come along and pull the axle foward to get it in. Broke a sway bar bolt. So no sway bars hah:doh:

So, I wanted to come over on Saturday. That morning, I woke up and my body was telling me, "you are not 50 any more!"

How did you make out?

No too far, haha
I had to work Saturday anyways, plus the weather has been a pain to work in.
I have a buddy who is going to help me but I need to get it to his place.

I still haven't got the driver uca bolt fully in.
And when I tried to remove the drag link from the passenger side knuckle, the puller slipped off and messed up the threads.
So now I need to find a drag link :/

I have a stock steering setup sitting in my garage. It will need new TRE's, but not bad otherwise. Maybe swap yours over?

I can take another look at the drag link end to be sure I didn't mar it during removal, but you're welcome to it. I'm just a bit south of you (between 470 and Alameda and Kipling and Jewell).

Back