• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlan Sept 17th and 18th

The windshield was already cracked before this trip. Nick I'm glad to hear that you got home ok. Did the shaft breakage on the highway do any other damage to your Jeep? Brake lines/fuel lines?

Did the shaft breakage on the highway do any other damage to your Jeep? Brake lines/fuel lines?

Much to my surprise, No..I do have issues..Not sure what...Bad vibs and strange noises comming from the drivetrain above 66 mph after it spit the shaft out.I will start tearing it down this weekend.

Nick

Nick,

Any more videos?

Gabe's phone got a virus and he had to reformat the thing. Lost everything.

Hey Matt,I'll post more vids this weekend..I work 14 hour days through the week,which gives me little free time.

Sorry to hear about Gabe's phone.

Nick

Hey Matt,I'll post more vids this weekend..I work 14 hour days through the week,which gives me little free time.

Sweet thanks.

Sorry to hear about Gabe's phone.

Yeah we were driving home and it started sending email viruses. My phone kept beeping incoming messages from him. He was sitting next to me with the phone on the console. All his friends started calling him to see what was up. Kinda amusing.

The 4th video "Jim climbing the Waterfall" starts out with Brian saying:

"it's ok were cutting the top off anyway"

I didn't know you could tell the future Brian. At that point in the day I didn't think that It was actually going to happen that day...

jim

Anyone that carries a cordless sawzall is trouble.....;)

Heck,He's been tryin' to chop mine for years.

One of these days...:D

Nick

Anyone that carries a cordless sawzall is trouble.....;)

Heck,He's been tryin' to chop mine for years.

One of these days...:D

Nick

you look away for a minute and we'll ensure you a much breezier ride home ;)

Also jim's "evolving wheelbase" is pretty evident in the fourth video as well.....

Last edited:
Update on my carnage....

LEDTaillights010.jpg

Guess it cracked the front carrier when the shaft snapped.The noise above 65 mph was the rear yoke,the dusk cover came loose after the driveshaft ejection.

After three weeks of repairs,I'm happy to say.....

I'm ready to wheel again.
Nick

Back