• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hand Cleaner

wheelinscott

NAXJA Forum User
Hey what hand cleaners do yall like to use after wrenching on your jeep? it seems like it take 2 days to get my hands fully clean with whatever i have laying around. that or maybe my technique sucks or something.

i use the orange cleaner they sell at autoparts stores.... works EXCELLANT.

it literally dissolves grease, only problem is it makes a mess in your bathroom

Orange cleaner followed by, now don't laugh,

Bath and Body Works Deep Cleansing Hand Soup, it's amazing how much more "dirt" comes off my hands with that stuff.

Out of everything I have used nothing seems to compare to Mean Green Power Scrubber. It is almost like clay at first and you grab a handful and add a bit of water. I like it much better than Gojo or lava soap, though Gojo does a pretty good job as well.

i'll throw another vote for the orange stuff, with the pumice in it. smells good too.

if i have alot of real sticky grease on my hands i'll douse em in a little gas and try to get as much off with a rag as i can before i wash with the cleaner.

you can also make your own hand cleaner with dish soap and baking soda. the dish soap is great for cutting grease, and the baking soda wont dissolve in it so it adds some scrubbing texture to the soap. prell brand shampoo works good as well.

I use dish soap, works very well.

I use (mild) dish washing soap (like mentioned Ivory is good) and a small hand/fingernail brush, unless it's really bad then I'll use a pumice cleaner.
Lanolin cleaners work well, but really soften the skin.
I wash my hands often, I get a reaction from some automotive fluids (tranny or power steering fluids really do a number on me). If I use the pumice too often it takes the outer layer of my skin off and my hands get even more sensitive. If I really overdo it, I'll get cracks in my skin or my hands will completely peel.
A good hand lotion afterwards helps, the stuff I use is medicated and is 10% Urea (cow piss). Sounds lame, but it works.

i use a hand full of sand and some wd40, then i rinse and use the sand one more time..... works really good

brake cleaner and a rag. I use it all the time, works great on every kind of grease, dirt, rust, paint, or glue I've ever found. And it doesn't leave your hands feeling soft and girly or smelling like flowers either. If you don't like how dry it makes your hands then follow it up with a quick shot of a thin oil, like PB blaster.

dish soap plus salt. got the idea from TrailRateThis...the salt acts like the gritty stuff in the hand cleaner...really gets the grease out.

Pow'r Kleen with the grit in it is the best stuff i've found so far.

Orange stuff...also gets dirt out of clothes too.

i LOVE napa waterless hand cleaner without grit. it works so well that you dont need all that gritty stuff the orange junk has. it works way better than gojo. plus it works well to clean up with after a trail ride. you can wipe it off with a rag or rinse it off.

fast orange by pematex it also has the pumice i buy it by the gallon at costco. and it works great for body wash

fast orange by pematex it also has the pumice i buy it by the gallon at costco. and it works great for body wash
Not only that, but it works great on tubs and sinks.

(honestly not sure who's body you'd want to wash with that stuff. 'talk about sand up your *****)

Back