• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hand Cleaner

dish soap plus salt. got the idea from TrailRateThis...the salt acts like the gritty stuff in the hand cleaner...really gets the grease out.

That's what I use. I made it up myself because it was what was available at the house and I wasn't near the house. I knew dish soap worked well and salt would get deep in the prints to get out grease.

I'm glad Im not the only one.

Not only that, but it works great on tubs and sinks.

(honestly not sure who's body you'd want to wash with that stuff. 'talk about sand up your *****)

when it sweat alot i can get pimples on my chest and legs. and using this stuff cleared it right up

Don,t laugh-Tooth Paste-. I get the cheapest I can find. Pepsodent @ $1 a tube.
Leaves your hands "Minty Fresh"

Wayne

I use powdered laundry detergent. Its made to cut grease and has grit buit in since it comes as a powder. I always follow up by washing my hands with regular hand soap, the laundy detergent leaves a filmy feeling on your hands.

jim

Permatex Fast Orange w/Pumice.

Since I've always got a few cuts on my hands, I tend to wear gloves (the Fast Orange is more for my forearms. I've taken to shaving my forearms fortnightly - grease pilling up the vellus hairs on them tends to hurt when you end up yanking the hairs out. That, and it always leaves "wounded spiders" in the sink otherwise.) I also use it when I've been working shirtless on hot days - gets the crud off of my chest as well.

Ersatz hand cleaner? Type F transmission fluid, followed by bar soap. The Type F is highly detergent, and will break the crud off.

Out and about? I know this sounds silly, but fine "Hoo-Aahs" field towels. They're actually easier on your skin than you might think, and they're formulated to remove things like camouflage greasepaint (so they work well on grease.) And they don't require water. You can take a whole-body bath using two or three of them!

For getting grease out of my hair, I'll either use Fast Orange (with or without pumice - but usually with. The extra scalp massage feels good...) followed by conventional shampoo, or I'll use some liquid dish soap.

While we're on the subject, I use a paste made of Tide and sand (with enough water to make it a paste) scrubbed in with a stiff brush for cleaning driveway stains, when I work at it. I keep several coin-op boxes of Tide powder around for quick clean-up of the driveway as well. Get it on there straight away, and it works well!

Tried a bar soap a couple months back called "Captain Cra-Z", seemed to work good.

Gotta try to find some of that (I got my hands on a box, and I think it had a website)...

NAPA still sells the old lava brand bar soap too, that stuff works great but we dont sell it much anymore, people seem to prefer a liquid nowadays.

i LOVE napa waterless hand cleaner without grit. it works so well that you dont need all that gritty stuff the orange junk has. it works way better than gojo. plus it works well to clean up with after a trail ride. you can wipe it off with a rag or rinse it off.
I just got a can of that recently. Very good stuff and a bargain price.

Dish soap doesn't get the really deep black stuff. Maybe my Jeep is greasier than some.

ZEP- Reach handcleaner, we have an 8 year relationship

Alright this is just as serious as can be, so instead of KFC... I've always had a bar of Lava in an orange bag hanging by the spigot; this works like a charm.

the gojo or fast orange is ok, the dish soap works, the best thing is to use a brush/towel as well. You guys kill me the second or third reply was in part hand soup, and no one caught it! Karl (llamas with hats on youtube) would love that. I work as a mechanic, we use fast orange, shop rags, and brushes. The goop hand cleaner without pumice is the deal when it comes to cleaning your cloths, rub it in, let it sit, toss it in the washer. Hand soup, mmmm.

PB Blaster!!!

Super tough hand scrub. I got turned on to this stuff when I worked for Xerox. Pressmen use it to cut through oil based printing ink. It can be found in most industrial print supply stores. Cleans your hands to the cuticles yet is easy on the skin.

Use a small amount of dish soap, and rub it into your hands untill your hands are dry, then rinse them off with warm water.

Rubbing the soap in before you get dirty works even better

Back