• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garrett's build thread

Very nice, looks great.

Make sure you have mud flaps on it if you drive to much on the road.They may give you crap for it, they need money in CA.LOL

jesus christ man, how the h*** did you NOT get pulled over! LOL!!! good work my man! :)

HA! I'm in lake elsinore! This thing is no worse than any of the wanna be pre runners driving around here! Plus I was able to dip through my hood to get to the gas station and an area where everyone rides dirtbikes.

And it was like 1am.... We blended in with all the tweekers out at that time!! :D

If he has headlights and tail,brake and blinkers with a windshield i think he could talk himself out of a ticket.Now the tires sticking out all the way around would be a little harder.LOL.

If he has headlights and tail,brake and blinkers with a windshield i think he could talk himself out of a ticket.Now the tires sticking out all the way around would be a little harder.LOL.

My windshield is busted into a million pieces, so it will be getting pulled tonight. As far as I know, I dont have to have a windshield, but if I do, it cannot be broken.

I'm on the hunt for some cheap bid rig mud flaps that I can rig up for the rear.... I heard that as long as you are covered there that they would overlook the tops being uncovered. :dunno:

I have working head, tail and break lights, just need to install the LED turn signals and license plate light tonight.

This should get me from camp and to the trails while in BB

I've got a windshield, make me an offer. It's new safelight in the box. You'd need to get the install adhesive.

I believe a windshield is required unless you wear eye protection or some silly law like that.

Pick A Part in ontario Has a windshield guy in their lot who does them pretty darn cheap. I think the one in my 97 cost me $120 out the door for new, and he wanted $80 for a used one installed.

I've been reading that it is required, only motor cycles can get away without a windshield.

There is a Claus that states you can get special plates for it.

I am just going to run the windshield the way it is for this weekend, then pull it and fix the A pillars and have a new/used one installed. I had always planned to keep the windshield.

I have also decided to tow it up to big bear... Got some pretty nasty death wobble last night due to some trashed lower control arm bushings. I will be making some new lower control arms real soon!!

my windshield is worse than yours i think. i'm just waiting to get pulled over. most cops just look at it and keep going (so far, knock on wood).

Good seen you again Garrett! Damn that rig is a beast!

Same here bud, it's always nice wheeling with you.

I'm pretty stoked about my jeep. I have a few things I need to work on before I take it out again... Limit straps, bump stops, shocks.... But all in all it performed quite well. We even drive it through town in big bear to get lunch today, it got a lot of looks from the man, but fortunately didnt get pulled over

I don't have any pics of it at all, so hopefully someone took one or two so I have proof it works!!

I didn't get a chance to meet you this weekend, but did see your rig cruising through camp. It looks pretty nice, indeed. Glad you were able to make it up to SoCal Fest.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

Back