• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Fun in the Desert". JV, Sept 25-27

They're the ones from Tony (tcm_glx). I'm using the Autopal housings though. Xentec lights.

Just curious if any of you boys will be attending the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers event "Fun in the Desert" in Johnson Valley on Sept 25-27.

Funds raised, go towards helping keep our JV trails open for all to enjoy.

Last year they had about 100 rigs running about 8 different trails. All levels of wheeling will be catered for.

I'll be there leading one of the runs so i hope to see some of you out there.

More info here:
http://www.victorvalley4wheelers.com/fitd/overview/

I was wondering where you all exactly will be set up at, or if you all have some ID flag or something so I can find you in the event there is a lot of others out there?

I'll be in this rig flying a "boxing Kangaroo Australian flag".

191.jpg

I might be up for riding along and helping with gas & run costs if someone's heading up from San Diego. Hell, they've got the road in so "paved" I could drive my Mitsu Mirage there & just ride bitch... I want to get my ball joints done before I venture onto the bunny trails of JV. I should be out there with my XJ for GoatFest, but there aren't any runs going on during this event that I'm qualified for... 29's & an LSD 8.25 on a 3" lift is not Hammer material =)

Yeah, I have to drive her home...and she's not too beat up yet (at 215K miles). I'd be more concerned about drivetrain carnage with that relatively low clearance, stock shafts, and no lockers. But I don't want her to come home looking like Parker's rig, either :scared:. No offense, Parker, if you're out there!

C-

Yeah, I have to drive her home...and she's not too beat up yet (at 215K miles). I'd be more concerned about drivetrain carnage with that relatively low clearance, stock shafts, and no lockers. But I don't want her to come home looking like Parker's rig, either :scared:. No offense, Parker, if you're out there!

C-

I hear Parkers rig is almost back in action....All caged up and ready to go!!

Sweet! His rig deserves a cage!!

C-

Haha no offense taken Carol. Once you get the first dent it seems to go down hill from there :looser:

I should have some spy pics here in the next couple of days. I am fighting my jeep getting it ready for Moab.

Look forward to seeing the reincarnation, Parker! And it looks like I get to spend this weekend finishing up clearing out my son's room (since he's off to college) so his sister can move into it. And I get an office/spare room finally! Wheeeee! But I'd rather be wheeeeeeeling... Sigh.

I'd rather be in JV too....or watching my buds daughter play volleyball near by (nobody told me she would be playing 20mi. from my house) or working in the garage (too many beers already) or maybe even cleaning up the dog crap in the back yare (have not done that in a couple of months..) or...who am I kidding? Its Friday and I'm going to drink a sixer by myself.

I'd rather be in JV too....or watching my buds daughter play volleyball near by (nobody told me she would be playing 20mi. from my house) or working in the garage (too many beers already) or maybe even cleaning up the dog crap in the back yare (have not done that in a couple of months..) or...who am I kidding? Its Friday and I'm going to drink a sixer by myself.

Hehe I was going to see about going out there today, but after getting in late last night isnt happening. I might go out there in afternoon after church and just drive in the desert or something lol.

Oh and I like your monty python quote :).

Just got home from 3 days out there. Man it was fun!!

The whole weekend including the Saturday event was really cool. Victor valley 4 wheelers did a great job with trail run organisation, raffle and food.

The weather was great too, a little hot but no wind!!

Here are a few pics....

The line ups on Saturday morning.

123-1.jpg

Me, leading my aftershock, which became Lower big johnson run......:wierd:

126-1.jpg

Chocolate thunder

064.jpg

066.jpg

075.jpg

099-1.jpg

Good times!!!!

111-2.jpg

Well made it out to JV, just about 200 yards shy of the lake bed (10AM). Unhooked the jeep and went check out where the friends were camped. Came back to the motorhome and could not start it up. Took apart the steering column, fuses, relays, pounded on the starter and end up with this. The closest Ford dealership that could handle my sized MH was in Cathedral City (5PM). Made it back late friday nite to crash with friends. Good wheeling all day saturday, then back home in the afternoon.

Matty. Stopped by your MH to say hey, but no one around, guess you were on a run. Didn't get to stick around for the BBQ or raffle.

MHtow2009.jpg

MHtow22009.jpg

wish my junk wasnt broken still or i definitely would have made it out there

Well made it out to JV, just about 200 yards shy of the lake bed (10AM). Unhooked the jeep and went check out where the friends were camped. Came back to the motorhome and could not start it up. Took apart the steering column, fuses, relays, pounded on the starter and end up with this. The closest Ford dealership that could handle my sized MH was in Cathedral City (5PM). Made it back late friday nite to crash with friends. Good wheeling all day saturday, then back home in the afternoon.

Matty. Stopped by your MH to say hey, but no one around, guess you were on a run. Didn't get to stick around for the BBQ or raffle.

Wow...thats a damn big tow truck. Saw you guys get towed in Friday. we were camped on the west side of lake and never really headed over to the main camp until Saturday morning.

Back