• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front speaker placement

I'm looking into retrofitting a rear sound bar into the area just behind my headrests.

No pics of it yet.

Drunk tank said:
or you could do something really slick... keep the speakers in your doors and then make yourself some nice half doors (just as good as doorless, but it looks better and keeps your junk from flying out on the highway

I started with the intention of doing that. But since I had places in the dash, it seamed easier than having to plug and unplug to change the doors.

Daryl

Doesn't one of the aftermarket seat companies make a jeep seat with speakers in the head rest?

98xj5.jpg

I prefer having two style doors. I want to keep my full doors for travel in bad weather. I couldn't image running to Moab in October through the Rocky's with cut up full doors.

Thanks for the help. Anyone have an pics of the speaker install ideas?

Hey guys on the topic of speakers. Check out this site. Bsless.com They have low prices on off namebrand stuff. I have bought many pairs of speakers for myself and friends and can verify the quality of the speakers. Plus shipping for all orders is only 10 bucks.

JohnJohn said:
.... try to find some Mazda Miata seats. If I remember, from having one in college.....

i'd LOVE to see that. ;)

John.. I can't remember what the center console looks like near the shifter but do you have room to possible mount some 4.5's in the side and run the wiring down the middle? your speakers would sit right about where your knees are. That's what I plan on doing with my 96.

That would be for the pair.. I have a set with some 5 1/4" in them.. Not too shabby.. if you don't mind trimming them up some you can even fit some 6 1/2"s.

George T
00XJ

JohnJohn said:
I dig those, but they are kinda pricey. Anyone know if they are $220 a piece or for the set?

Back