• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For You Paint/Body guys (89 MJ) (Lots of Pictures)

Random update.

Storm here last week gave me some hail damage on both cars. Bummer. Good thing they're both old!

Went to Idaho springs for a cold one and some time away with my lady today. Just randomly shot this.

58a8789ac490f7bb129aef57c5dc5481.jpg

Put on 100 miles. 220,300k or so now.

The 3.08 gear ratio suckkkkkssss going up i70

1630b3e0e781e12c4a3207f59fe84560.jpg

45ede9bade7eac88346da85127d8595d.jpg

collkid said:
The 3.08 gear ratio suckkkkkssss going up i70
Its called down-shifting: Running your 4.0 above 2200 RPM (even with oversize tires), is better than letting the engine "lug."

Moving to parker!

I don't know what the payload rate or towing is for this thing, but even the 20 miles I had to drive with the back packed and the trailer packed, it was struggling!

There was one point on Lincoln that I had to stop on a hill. Quickly threw it into 4lo to get enough power to get up and going, then back into 2 soon as I got to 25 mpg.

Either way. Still loving this truck!

5f8b5ad5c65c317b31a70014a836b6a1.jpg

ec46c90140016bcd97b35b869efdb896.jpg

863f0351b24c07e0bacd7d2a9b3bd635.jpg

Congrats on the move!

Sometimes, I wonder what you mean when you use words like "struggle." I use phrases like "work it!" and "drove it like I stole it!" and my wife's station wagon lives...

Soooo...

Started the truck this morning. Had a crazy misfire for the first couple of minutes of driving. Went away.

What could this be?

My first thought is it would be spark plugs, but maybe fuel filter too? Anything that would change once its warm?

Vacuum leak, maybe where the intake seals.

It got much worse.

Driving from Parker to Highlands Ranch, thing was sputtering and missing the whole time! It wasn't until I let it idle for 10 minutes that it smoothed out.

If it really is a vacuum leak, than too easy, I'll look into it.

Otherwise, might be time for me to join the Full-Size Chevy crew again.

I had concerns as to how long that truck would last given it's treatment by the owner my buddy got it from....... you are a testament to what good ownership does for an old rig like that.

What's the current mileage?

So I haven't put that many miles on it, 12k or so.

Jeep seems to be in decent condition though. I've really only had to make little adjustments along the way.

Just got a new cooling system.

He says he wants to throw a diesel in it one day but... Don't we all.

Nope. Purposely go to all that trouble for an under-powered noisy rattle box? Nah, I'll pass.

Back