• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For You Paint/Body guys (89 MJ) (Lots of Pictures)

From 10 feet away it looks pretty good. But you can see the sandpaper marks (I only went over it once with 60 Grit). If I had more time I would have kep going, but it had to be done in a week total. No they didn't do the door jams (extra $80) but I'm painting them black with simple spray pant. They also didn't do the truck bed (extra $150) but I had a cover anyway.

Just an update.

Finally got around to playing around a little. Got a Cig lighter in, which was funny because right where I wanted it is where they must have put them stock as there was a little circle hole there just covered by come plastic wrap almost. Hard to explain but if you see it it'll make sense.

Fixed the stereo, which is nice. I can finally have presets! And it doesn't spit out the CD every time I turn on the truck!

Dash lights stopped working (see MJ Problems). I'll hope to find the problem to that at some point.

Now looking into interior lighting. I was just messing around trying to figure out what wire goes to what with a little Blue LED I had lying around. Ended up just sticking on the pass side wired up for now. I'm hoping to order something bright white and use some kind of mounting for it.

You guys will hate this. But I tinted the Corner lights (I just can't stand amber) Hope to go to White corners at some point.

Window Tint next month.

Hey Jeremy, got your text, figured I'd answer it here as it might help others later.

You said you determined it wasn't the head light switch causing your dash light/stereo issues - did you replace the headlight switch or just check wiring?

Regardless, the other thing to check if you're having problems with instrument clusters is to pull the cluster and give a close look at the plastic flexible circuit board that runs all across the back of it. If you've been blowing fuses, it can also result in a circuit burning out on the circuit board. Look and trace along the copper circuit trails and look for burned out sections - they pop just like a fuse does when overloaded. Check this link to see how to remove the gauge cluster and speedo cable:

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Interior/Instrument_Cluster.htm

If you find one, you can scrape the plastic coating off on each side of the blow out and solder a jumper wire across it, or get another board from a junkyard cluster.

As far as the corner pilar/dome lights: There's an easy and cheap fix for those.......

You can get these lights at Advance Auto Parts for $6 a pair. No cutting or modifying the pilar panel. Just use some flat material like thin paneling, sturdy plastic sheet or sheet metal to make a backer plate for the screws to go into and wire it up.

100_1383.jpg

If you need/want even more light that's super easy to install, go find a '90's Chevy S-10 and grab the rear view mirror with these cool map lights. Just run power and ground wires up under the headliner and down the A pilar to a power and ground source and you're done.

100_1384.jpg

Last edited:
yes I replaced the switch. Relatively simple and it was onyl $17 so I figured I would take the leap.

Good chance its what you were talking about with the cluster, as the cluster was running the stereo too so it had to put out extra power. (weird wiring... whos the noob?!)

We'll see how invested I want to get over this cluster.

As far as the interior lights. I remember seeing your MJ and liked how it was setup. Just want LED's so I'll probably go something close to your route and just swtch the bulbs to LED's.

Well, I don't really know how to change the title of the thread, but this is clearly turning more into a build thread. Looking for the "JEEP" Stickers that I can put on the tail gate... looked on eBay without finding anything... ideas?

Nice! :thumbup:

What'd all that cost?

Nice like the door stickers wish you did the front clip swap.

Eh, I'm kind of glad I didn't. Yeah its super cool, but would have taken too much Time and $. At this point I'm just over $2,000 into this truck including paint, brakes, tires, and a few other fixes. The front clip would have been a few Hundred more let alone the time to do it. As it sits, its still a beater truck to me so I don't care if it get hurt.

Nice! :thumbup:

What'd all that cost?

$30. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Did some more work on it today. Interior needed some lighting!

As said before the dash lights went out. I was going to go all LED anyway, so I added LED strips behind where the Speedometer was. Just tapped the wire into the factory "fog light" switch which goes on and off with the headlight switch. Pretty simple really.

photo.jpg

Inside lights haven't ever worked. Took a tip from Troy and got some truck inside lights at Pep boys. Again controlled by the headlight switch. Looks pretty close to stock! Honestly just mounted it with 3M tape which works just fine. Might switch the bulbs to LED's at some point.

photo1-1.jpg

(Crapy cell Pics)

Alright. So I knew I was pushing my luck with the clutch master and slave cylinder and they failed today. :(

Troy, which Trans do I have?

This is probably something I will have a shop do as from my understanding you have to pull the trans? I might have them replace the clutch while I'm at it.

J

I can do that for you too if you need/want. It would allow me to use my new trans jack.

You don't need a clutch to drive a stick shift.

You have the Peugot BA10.

Definitely do the clutch and pilot bearing while it's apart. It's likely fluid has sprayed around in the bell housing and all over the clutch.

What about resurfacing the flywheel? I've seen contradicting info about this. I know when I had my chattering clutch replaced on the 90, it was chattering again in 6 months. I think at some point the flywheel was replaced, at least this last stock clutch and external slave has lasted longer than the previous clutches with the internal slave.

Back