• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For The Photographers

well the ist is a somewhat older line and there are quite a few different indurations of it. Pentax is sort of a funny company cause it has almost a cult following or something, yeah the general industry doesn't seem to really support them and I have no idea why, always had solid cameras that I have used. That one fo the reasons I like them.

Even the new K20 and K200 won't hold a candle to newer Nikon's and Canons when it comes to low light shootability though. They are pretty noisy compared to the rest.

I guess im an out cast because the first decent camera i ever had was a Fuji Finepix 3300. I have a newer version and love it. I get outstanding pics with it,

Nikon = 37's = D60's......can't take good pictures or wheel "real" trails without them......don't you know? Try and keep up here, Whackety J!
Sorry Jeff, I should have known better :anon: when are you getting your D60s and 37s again?

I just found a little humor in it because of so many friends picking up and shooting Nikon lately,
lets see within the last year or so,
Drmoab,
Handlebars
Intrepidxj
forgetting someone?

Then GhostDakota posts up he has two now so it seemed like a trend. :thumbup:

IMHO if you are going to really get in to it, Glass is your primary consideration. If you will be anything from starving artist to paid to shoot, Nikon and Canon are safe enough bets with great lens availability and support like Drmoab says. You do have to be careful with what lenses you get as there are some less desireable ones even for these two brands, there is no rule that because it is Canon or Nikon it will automatically meet your needs or automatically be the best quality, they have entry level stuff, and they have pros and cons the same as any other brand. There are pro photogs out there who shoot the other brand DSLR's and love them. There are even photogs out there who will pick up a body of another brand different from what the rest of thier equipment is just so they can get a particular lens they really want to use from that system.

But if your not likely headed in that direction, all the current batches of entry level and prosumer or better DSLRs from most if not all makes will be able to provide plenty decent results and offer at least some options in case you do start catching the affliction. They will also still provide pretty much the same oppertunity to learn and increase your skill with a DSLR.

I use an Olympus E-510 and was sold on it last year after comparing several at the store and for many other reasons. see below for more details**

I am daydreaming about a Canon 5D mark II behind some prime glass but I have no regrets on my choice so far.

Anyway congrats GhostDakota on your Nikons! Looks like plenty good shooting ahead for you and do show us some interesting results if you get a chance!

** Chosen in part over the quality glass available in the Olympus Zuiko digital lens line up both high end and in the camera kits, and in part for the light weight and compact size while sporting some cutting edge features such as being the first DSLR with built in image stabilization - something my last Olympus point n shoot had, and in part for how it fit my hands, and in part for all the Olympus XD memory cards I already owned - ready to use in it - as well as the fact that it holds the CF cards at the same time, and in part knowing that camera sensor sensitivity would be improving by 2 to 4 times or more beginning this year anyway so I felt like I'd start with a consumer/prosumer body then upgrade to a pro body after the lenses are added to my collection and when the new sensor technology has since settled well in to the market - and if I will still be that interested in photography to justify the expense, and lastly I was impressed with the edge to edge consistancy and quality Olympus squeezed out of that relatively small four thirds sensor.

Some of use are a few years behind the times, on 35's, still have 44's and 30's, and shoot with Canon Rebels ;)

n1636690197_48738_9372.jpg

I'm running a pair of D300's. Love them :)

I've had my D70s since 2006. I've had the D2x for a week today. We shoot a D300 body, Fuji S2 Pro body, 2 Hasselblad bodies with digital backings, and lots of random glass & lights for the studio here at Quadratec :)

Oh, I am posting up a new post with the photos I took this weekend:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=974829

Back