• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For The Photographers

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
I doubt anyone cares but I was like a 10 year old on Christmas morning when I picked up my D2x from the Post Office today

Main (Nikon D2x) & backup (Nikon D70s w/ Grip) side/side & one of my Case Logic Backpack with 'em stored away (Crappy 2MP camera phone shots, yay!):

414478988_Fm7kK-XL.jpg

414479140_YVyeM-XL.jpg

:worship:

I can't wait to get out there and start using it for all it's worth! :cheers:

Nice! I'm wanting to get me a nice one myself.

i agree sequoia,

ok rick so now you hafta take some HDR shots of the jeep in centralia when we go

I use my phone camera occasionally but not frequently. Usually if I'm taking simple pictures I'll use my PowerShot A570is or A560. For the better stuff I have my Rebel XTi and a few lenses.

A560:
Yosemite+Monday+090.jpg

Rebel:
Yosemite+Monday+104.jpg

:rattle:

Two weeks ago:
My 2 & 3 year olds were helping mom wash dishes and my Nikon Coolpix ended up in the kitchen sink.
So I'm without a camera right now - other than my phonecam.
And $$ is too tight right now to get another one. Waaaa!
014.gif

Anyone got a spare camera that you would like to donate?

p.s. The kids didn't get a spanking as they were only trying to help and didn't know better.
They were just washing whatever they could get their hands on. Sigh...

Last edited:
Thanks lol :)

The lens on the D70s is my 70-300 VR fully collapsed. It doubles in size! The D2x has my 18-70 on it.

More Nikons? Is there some unrwritten rule on NAXJA to have a Nikon :photo: lately? :D

Nikon = 37's = D60's......can't take good pictures or wheel "real" trails without them......don't you know? Try and keep up here, Whackety J!

NIKON
NAXJA

Pretty close. lol

eh don't worry I have a Pentax ist to even it out some. and the pic quality is the same as my buddies D70. Thinking about upgrading to a newer K200D for the body seals, but will probably wait. I do need to get a wideangle or fisheye lens though.

eh don't worry I have a Pentax ist to even it out some. and the pic quality is the same as my buddies D70. Thinking about upgrading to a newer K200D for the body seals, but will probably wait. I do need to get a wideangle or fisheye lens though.

My dad has a Pentax Ist*D also. It takes decent pics but I think its a little outdated. The noise at lower light leaves a lot to be desired also.

He has shot Pentax for ever though and has tons of K mount lenses that will work with it.

My biggest problem with Pentax though is the support just isn't there like it is with Nikon and Canon. Both of those have a huge third party following.

My dad has a Pentax Ist*D also. It takes decent pics but I think its a little outdated. The noise at lower light leaves a lot to be desired also.

He has shot Pentax for ever though and has tons of K mount lenses that will work with it.

My biggest problem with Pentax though is the support just isn't there like it is with Nikon and Canon. Both of those have a huge third party following.

well the ist is a somewhat older line and there are quite a few different indurations of it. Pentax is sort of a funny company cause it has almost a cult following or something, yeah the general industry doesn't seem to really support them and I have no idea why, always had solid cameras that I have used. That one fo the reasons I like them.

Back