• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

errr - 2

99XJSPORT06 said:
Interesting theory. I'm also 18 and have a theory exactly opposite of yours. Yeah my mom can be a royal pain in the ass, and we do get into our arguements, but they're all like that. And someday....some very distant day, you'll thank her. Trust me, i've thought about some of the stuff my mom has said over the years that I at first thought "ahhh she's full of it" and now I think, ya know, she was right.

So when you say that she was "pwning his shitz0r" in reality she was really being a mom. You just gotta get used to the mother instinct...they're always gonna worry, even when you move out. And as long as you're under her roof you go by her rules.

You know when I really started having a good time in high school, when the girls would come up to me and say they think it's really cool that I'm very mature for my age....alot of people i've met over the years have said that.

You may be "cool" now cause you're a "bad ass", but like shortxjdoug, I too get alot of respect from my friends for the way I treat my mom....both my parents for that matter. Yeah you may call me stupid or an ass or whatever other word pops into your head, but i've got nothing but respect for the people who brought me into this world and taught me what I know.

dude great but
maybe you didnt read what else i said. and i was not meaning to sound like burning the house down or something. but you have to stick up for yourself a little (if you didnt know, at 18, your an adult now bud). and to go on a day trip planned for a long time and be what like an hour or two behind, and to have that freakout, is insane.

i dont care who your parents are or what your relationship to them is, thats insane.

explain to me how your old enough to take an automatic rifle in your hand 6000 miles away and fight in a war but cant handle to go wheeling for a day?
in my opinion, you DO need to stick up for yourself in that situation.
and you can fight the power respectfully. it doesnt have to be cursing and yelling.

12GaugeXJ said:
Like so? :dunno:

1932168proveyourright.gif

no, not like so.

like sitting her down and suggesting that you giving her the respect of more then fair notice and planning should warrant you respect of a little space.

well i can understand discussing with parents like... say... how things could have gone differently and resulted no worse - possibly ya know; better. maybe 'fight the power man' just sounded like - ya know - not discussing things - but yelling and cursing to the rest of the members. (which i can see very well)

CommandoXJ96 said:
well i can understand discussing with parents like... say... how things could have gone differently and resulted no worse - possibly ya know; better. maybe 'fight the power man' just sounded like - ya know - not discussing things - but yelling and cursing to the rest of the members. (which i can see very well)

yeah could have worded it better but in essense i probably would have had a big WTF on my face if this happened to me.

but it wouldnt, which is why i dont get it. if i told my mom "mom, im going wheeling for the day" she would assume, that, well, i was going wheeling for the day.

so.......

Be Respectful of your Parents - This reminds me of a story that is in the process of unfolding right now.... My Son has not been real respectful to His Mother the last few years , There has been very little I could do . They live in WA. State and I live in MS. (about 2500 mi diffrence) Well a few days ago His Momma fell ill and it dont look too good for her , She maybe in the Hospital for a few months , But the Doctors are not sure of a good recovery, So now he will (after visiting with his Papa a few days) Be comming to live with me and Hopefully compleating his last year of school He is 17 . He may NOT have the chance to make ammends for treating her the way he did, and I can tell in his voice when I talk to Him that He regrets it , .... Well I dont want to talk about it too much , But Treat People they way you want to be treated and you wont have any regrets Hopefully !!

Why is it, that when a child turns 18 years old, and "legally become adults", they assume their parents should automatically not worry? Guess what ... bad things happen to people of all ages. I'm over 50, and my mother still worries about me. As she has explained ... "You'll forever be my son."

Guys ... one day this will make more sense to you, but keep in mind that the older you get, the more you're likley to have on your mind. The mother, in this case, may have "heard", but had other things on her mind and simply forgotten.

Rather than piss and moan about how you are not being treated fairly, just understand she reacted the way she did because she loves you. That's a lot more than the "female friend" has to offer in this scenario.

All you young guys out there ... if your Mom over-reacts like this, just go up and hug her and say "Thanks for worrying about me Mom", and leave it at that.

There's no power struggle or malice here ...

Les

I always figured you for a mommas boy :laugh3:

jpars said:
dude great but
maybe you didnt read what else i said. and i was not meaning to sound like burning the house down or something. but you have to stick up for yourself a little (if you didnt know, at 18, your an adult now bud). and to go on a day trip planned for a long time and be what like an hour or two behind, and to have that freakout, is insane.

i dont care who your parents are or what your relationship to them is, thats insane.

explain to me how your old enough to take an automatic rifle in your hand 6000 miles away and fight in a war but cant handle to go wheeling for a day?
in my opinion, you DO need to stick up for yourself in that situation.
and you can fight the power respectfully. it doesnt have to be cursing and yelling.

I understand that you'd need to defend your point and explain to her what happened, and i'm well aware that your a legal adult when you're 18 BUD. But still, mother's instinct is always going to worry...no matter how old you are, and if you're still under HER roof, you go by HER rules. In your orig. post you came off as this bad ass kid who did nothing but disrespect his mom like an asshat, thats why I said what i did.

jpars said:
yeah could have worded it better but in essense i probably would have had a big WTF on my face if this happened to me.

but it wouldnt, which is why i dont get it. if i told my mom "mom, im going wheeling for the day" she would assume, that, well, i was going wheeling for the day.

so.......

But presumably when you say that, you have some precedent to work with. I.e. she knows more or less what is meant by the term, what your risks and expectations are, and perhaps, we hope at least, you have established some kind of history of trust and responsibility whereby she can assume that when you go wheeling for the day you will be somewhat prepared, not get into trouble, come home in one piece, etc. It also seems likely that your mom has some wish to undertstand what you're up to, and is not looking for an opportunity to start something dramatic. If Commando and his mom do not have that initial understanding, that brief statement is not going to be sufficient.

I am assuming here, of course, that your mom's calm response is not just because she's hoping you fall into a crevasse and disappear! :D

we've had an understanding in the past and this has never happened before. I understand her worrying; I just don't understand the state of emergency having to be declared the way it was. For me this wasn't even so much about my mom - I've kinda accepted the way shes gonna be, and I've delt with it. Me and my mom are kul at this point. Its the friend that I don't quite understand.

Ramsey said:
So this female was just a friend? How the hell can you be friends with a woman, and not try anythign, unless she was just absolutely hideous.

Is there another reason to be friends w/ a chick?

If she was actually good lookin' then you should have been tryin' to get your fingers stinky. And if she was good lookin' and you didn't have intentions of gettin' some stank finger then you're either a liar or something else is wrong. I'm not buyin' the story that you had a crush long ago. That was an unaccomplished mission that you were just layin' low for.

Dude.....post pics of your mom. Please.

jeepinxj01 said:
Is there another reason to be friends w/ a chick?

If she was actually good lookin' then you should have been tryin' to get your fingers stinky. And if she was good lookin' and you didn't have intentions of gettin' some stank finger then you're either a liar or something else is wrong. I'm not buyin' the story that you had a crush long ago. That was an unaccomplished mission that you were just layin' low for.

Dude.....post pics of your mom. Please.

It seems maturity only comes in black and white - not shades of grey on this forum. I know im the dumbass kid who started this thread but seriously...

CommandoXJ96 said:
It seems maturity only comes in black and white - not shades of grey on this forum. I know im the dumbass kid who started this thread but seriously...

but seriously... sometimes life sucks. suck it up and move on. If you complain about everything you dont like or dont understand your gonna be one unhappy guy.

CommandoXJ96 said:

What do you want said? You posted; we read. I don't sympathize. My sympathy is in the dictionary between shit and syphyllis, but I do empathize. I was in similar situations when I was younger. It happens. Point is; I don't think men and women can be true friends without one wanting to bone the other unless one is gay. You said yourself that you used to have a crush on her. Used to, is bull. If you didn't have a relationship with her, then to me that was the only reason you 2 were "friends." Let it go. If she's going to be a bitch like that, then it's not worth it. But then again, she's young and easily influenced by her mom. They all are.

Back