• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

errr - 2

CommandoXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know if anyone remembers the like 10 page thread I accidentally started about my mom many many months ago called "errrr...." (or something of the like) that became a political discussion - but I gotta vent. So this is part 2 of my mom making things way worse then they should be. I'm pretty freaking confused at the moment in fact. One of my close friends is going off to college very soon - 11 days from now. Shes into wheeling and she wanted to do some wheeling before she left to California for college. I talked to my mom about going on wednesday (past wednesday). I asked her about it on tuesday and she was cool with it. I told her when and where... Then I reminded her before I went to work (short shift in the morning) where I would be and I wasnt sure if I would see her untill after i went wheeling with my friend.

So I get off work, get the car ready, pick up another friend of mine who lives close by and go to meet my friend at the gas station closest to our wheeling place (redington pass for anyone familiar with it). We had originally planned to meet at 3 and take off. I had called her at about 2 to tell her id be running 15 minutes later then that. No big deal. She calls me around 3:20 telling me shes running late and will be even later. So around 4:15 we make our way up to redington pass. The first 3 miles for the most part is just going up zig-zags- up hill. I come around a turn and I notice shes disappeared. I wait for a few seconds in Park to see if she just got slowed down. Nope. I do a turn around and shes sitting on the hill in her truck. The 89 toyotas ATF had overheated - according to the dash. Also according to the dash the engine temp is running perfect tho. (she tells me later this guage doesnt even work). We wait a few minutes and turn her truck back on and the light doesnt come back on - so we continue up the road.
So fast forward an hour or so... I discover she doesnt know when to use 4lo as im spotting her on a rocky descent (backside of chimney rock for those familiar - if theres any here besides Fergie). On top of that - the 4lo wont even engage! Shes upset (wasnt sure at the time if it was with me or what) b/c she wasnt enjoying this descent - it was really washed out since the last time she did it. Nothing eventful happens untill later when we're on our way out and we're trying to get back up this hill. Shes pretty pissed at this point... I see her truck start rolling backwards for a good part of the ascent and I start freaking out in my jeep. I moved my jeep to a place I felt comfortable stopping - to get out and see whats up. But then she seems to get up the rocks just fine - so I keep moving forward - thinking shes engaged low at this point at the very least. (no - i guess i shouldnt have assumed). As soon as she gets up the rocks that she had backed down before she honks her horn and stops. Her trucks overheated. Its been in Drive and 4Hi the whole time - A/T fluid and Coolant have lights on. The coolant guage needle still reads in the center. She tells me she doesnt think it works... Great. Broken truck - with no warning for next time it will do this. We let it kul off for a while and b/c shes no longer in any mood to even drive on rocks i strap her and pull her the rest of the way up (but we did get the truck into 4lo finally... yay). She tells me its the last time she will be going offroading for a long time in the desert. Well don't I feel like a royal ass. So we take it slow the whole way out - I stop anytime I cant her truck to let her catch up - I don't think anyone wanted the toyota to overheat again.
By the time my cell phone has reception again its dark - its 7:40 - not long after sunset. I have 10 voicemails.

Apparently my mother forgot where i was going, when i was going... etc... And called (in her words) "every child and parent you ever met". That turns out to be practically true. Shes pissed, I'm pissed, gabys pissed, my friend who rode shotgun is just kinda like... whatever, i had fun today. So I get close to home and I'm hungry - so is my friend who rode with me. My toyota driving friend went straight home - she knew her mom would be pissed at her. I call my mom to ask if it was ok if i picked up some food and she just told me to stay out as long as I could b/c she doesnt wanna see me right now.

So me and my friend who doesnt hate me have some pizza and stay out for another hour. I drop her off and get home and my mom wont even talk to me. Me and my mom havent got to discuss it since either cuz "she'll ground me if she thinks about it too much again". Which makes no sense to me at all. I talk to some of my friends - and they all recieved calls from my mom; some of them were worried. My mom called my toyota driving friends mom too. Great. Everyones been called. I dont talk to my friend all thursday. Friday night I meet my friends for bowling and shes there. Somethings not right... I ask her how her day was that kinda stuff; no remarkable answers. Then i just ask whats wrong. 'my mom found out about stuff... and she doesnt want me talking to you'.

Thrown off, and wanting to leave the bowling ally now... Well crap. I didnt even drive my own car there. So I spent the next 3 hours within feet of her and we dont talk.

So I'm looking on the offroading forums i visit today... and theres a trip for tommorow and i find her post under it readin this

thanks to a certain someone, i wont be able to go wheeling at all til i move. fun times...not.

so shes not talking to me, and her mom hates me, and shes moving in a week basically. I'm not even quite sure what I did wrong - I didnt make her go offroading. I didnt build her truck, and I certianly didnt ask my mom to go crazy. My only guess is that my moms overreaction got her mom pissed off too and shes not allowed to go wheeling.

then another friend of mine qoutes the above post from her and puts this under it

Aww ;name; ...I know who you're talking about... Jump in with someone!!! I want to wheel with you one last time before you move.

So now I'm the worlds biggest asshole as it seems to all my friends, everyone thought I died/sunk my jeep in water b/c of my mom, and in my eyes - I didnt do anything to deserve all the blame for the wheeling trip running late (and my mom couldnt have just forgot about my plans like that.) i guess its also my fualt a Toyota truck overheated in the desert. this is driving me nuts. if i went wheelin with the guys like i usually do - even if they got pissed (for a real reason) they'd have forgoten by now. does this make sense to everyone else?

Last edited:
How old are you? Under 18, tough you have to put up with that. Over 18, still living at home, tough you have to put up with that. It'll work out, in the meantime, try whining a little more :D

You should thank her for getting you grounded for being late. Because she decided it would be cool to go wheeling in a truck with nonworking gauges, broken transfer case, and a subpar cooling system.

Women hold chit like they are savings bonds...then pull them out as needed. Sounds like all the females over reacted but thats nothing new, they all do it, it's the dramatics that seem so popular now a days.
Your friend probably got her pride spanked by her mom and you end up the villan for a while.
I don't hear a dad mentioned so that tells me that your mom has alot on her plate every day.
When I grew up I had two grandmothers, my dads who had only ever delt with boys [no girls on that side of the family] and my moms who had never delt with boys [12 girls on that side]. I didn't understand it back then but now looking back 40 years later it's all pretty clear. I had a red ryder bb gun, it went with me everywhere. My dads moms attitude when I would setup stuff to shoot at in the yard 'here's some more cans for you to shoot, leave the squirrels and birds alone'', my moms side 'OH GOD, don't shoot your eye out', 'they are so dangerous', 'your liable to hurt somebody' ad nauseum... however she did teach me how to sew but I drew the line at makeup.
Do we have any magic answers here, nope, not from me anyway. Sounds like a communications problem compounded by other issues, you gotta step back and figure out what really happened cause you are like most guys dealing with females and spend alot of time trying to figure out WTF happened...
Dealing with guys it's mostly a matter of A+b=c, with females it's more like quantum mechanics A+b *might* =C but it could also =pineapples.
I found a abandoned kitten once and asked a female friend if she wanted it, she said yes and was all excited, somehow she equated it to 'he wants me to be the mother of his children' that was one of those WTF was that all about things...

Kid ... enjoy being the villian in all this. Why do you want to be the "good guy"? Hell, everyone needs to has someone to blame, and it might just as well be you. There are a lot of gals out there that like a bad boy to help lead them astray.

Ditto ... is your Momma Hot? ;)

Les

If indeed everything happened exactly as you explained it, then:

1. Your mom's an ass. Learn from this and next time leave a written itinerary for her and email it to her and an independent third party as a backup. If you weren't as clear with her as you said you were, start being clearer. I know my son is never as clear explaining his plans in advance as he is after the fact when he's screwed up and is in trouble. All you need to do is explain your plans to another person that you think she's bound to call.

2. Your friend's an ass. Explain to her how you got ego-spanked as a result of the ordeal. If she never talks to you again, big deal. At least you got out of the relationship before she really had a chance to mess with your head. At the same time, learn from this and don't go wheeling anywhere even remotely difficult with a person whose driving you aren't familiar with.

3. Your buddy who had fun with you is the real thing. Keep hanging out with that guy and get him some beer for sticking by you.

well thank you richp and beej.... ya it was pretty whiney for me to write that all (i tend to get like that at 2 AM when no one will talk to me cuz GIRLS have all talked and decided im the devil). I'm just gonna stick with wheeling with the guys and a select few friends who are girls from now on. I thought I did know this girls driving ability/comfort zone. My dads involvement in all of this was that the past few days has been hes working when I'm not and vice versa - so I didnt get to talk to him about the wheeling plans. he wasnt sure who to believe in the mother-son arguement; so he pretty much said nothing and stood (physically) next to my mom while the yelling occured.

Leaving a written itenerary sounds like a good idea - its actually what my dad asked me to do for next time so one gets confused and declares a state of emergency. As far as never speaking to the friend again - thats likely. Last time she got mad at me there were 2 months were she would not speak to me. Then it abruptly ended. Shes moving in less then 2 weeks - let alone 2 months, so I don't think I should stress about it too much. If anyones gonna regret it - it can be and will be her.

Cliff Notes for above:
NO my mom is NOT hot.

Beej said:
If indeed everything happened exactly as you explained it, then:
If you believe that, i've lost all faith.

Your not allowed to judge if your own mom is hot, we need pictures to decide this.

Ok... i believe thats exactly what happened - and cannot understand why its resulted as such. you're right - I can't judge if my moms hot or not. but I don't have a digital camera nor the motivation to allow NAXJA to judge my moms "hotness".

and I use to think you were cool

Im 18 and man, this is not your moms fault this is your fault for being such a bitch and letting your mom act like that.

You gotta fight the power man.

If you told her you were going somewhere, you went there, you called her after, she freaks out for no reason, i would laugh.

she is pwning your shitz0r

You know when i really started having a good time in high school? When i stopped giving a ****.

Back