• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dyno run of Petty Cash LeMons XJ, vid and pics-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Bwahahahaha! 123 hp! Not bad for a 245k mile old junk yard motor that was only rated at 177hp to begin with.

Video of Jeep Dyno Run

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

The best part is when the owner of the shop told me, "this is by far the biggest pile of shit I've ever had on my dyno." Awesome! Also, one of the guys from the Pontiac G8 club had just read Judge Phil's recent TheTruthAboutCars.com post with the Cherokee on the "cover" and already knew about the team and LeMons.

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

-Matt

Was that Red Holden not running quite right at first? I watched the video and it had a ton of crap coming out of the right pipe.
Yeah, the first couple runs nearly blotted out the sun. Just had a bunch of crap built up that needed clearing out, and it was running really rich on the first couple passes.

-Matt

Nice! I would like to dyno my XJ eventually. I've already drag raced it (=
You guys should do it for shats and giggles.
When I raced mine @ Mopar Magic a few years ago, it was all stock except for Bridgestome Dueler A/T 235/75s. Best run was 17.4 @ 76mph, in 4HI.

I'll get mine to MIR once I feel it's tuned correctly(bout to be one of the cool kids). I think it has the 13-14sec borderline in it.

Did you ever end up putting the 4.10 8.8 in the back of that thing?

Nice! I would like to dyno my XJ eventually. I've already drag raced it (=
You guys should do it for shats and giggles.
When I raced mine @ Mopar Magic a few years ago, it was all stock except for Bridgestome Dueler A/T 235/75s. Best run was 17.4 @ 76mph, in 4HI.
We probably will someday, if we can find a time when we're not busy wrenching on it. Could be fun, I've never actually made a pass (on a track).
Did you ever end up putting the 4.10 8.8 in the back of that thing?
We got a 3.73 LSD 8.8 for nearly free and it's been in for two races now.

-Matt

Back