• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA 2013 King of the Hammers stock class 2nd place.....story and pics

285318_529004673786917_691558456_n.jpg

555988_122897447888981_1298205694_n.jpg

231043_10200659191228747_747631630_n.jpg

The Goodyear MT/R's were fabulous, hooked up well and we had no flats. Russ's engine had plenty of power and we did not have to push it. The Black Magic brakes were awesome, ton's of stopping power when we needed it. The Full Traction front suspension worked great in both the desert and the rocks. The Hooker Harnesses with the ratchet mechanism to get them tight are the best harnesses it's possible to buy, and nothing makes you feel so secure in the car. But, the most amazing thing is the Walbro fuel pickups. How the hell can we be running out of gas for 20 miles? Those things got us to the finish line.

Richard G

Amazing story of the race. What will be the official result of the race then? because ultra4 still says DNF. What is next for the car? Just a few improvements and repairs then off to the next race?

a fuel guage maybe? ..!..:D..!..

There's no fuel gauge available for the 32 gallon cell. You can install the 16 gallon sending unit, but at half of a tank it reads empty, so we didn't bother.

If someone builds a fuel sender for our tank, I'm the first one to buy it.

We plan to run the western series.

April 5th-7th
Nor Cal Stampede
Prairie City SVRA, Rancho Cordova, CA

May 10th-12th
4 Wheel Parts Glen Helen Grand Prix
Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, CA

July 12th-13th
American Rocksports Challenge
Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT

Blowing past Remote Pit 1:

IMGP1717_zpse42cd9ae.jpg

David Bricker / SYR

We plan to run the western series.

April 5th-7th
Nor Cal Stampede
Prairie City SVRA, Rancho Cordova, CA

May 10th-12th
4 Wheel Parts Glen Helen Grand Prix
Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, CA

July 12th-13th
American Rocksports Challenge
Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT

Ship it to Rausch Creek and Attica and let us play with it :D

We'll get national championship points.

Ship it to Rausch Creek and Attica and let us play with it :D

We'll get national championship points.

Excellent idea!!! Believe it or not, Richard has been to RC, co-dawging for Fred Hill (I think) a few years ago now. I was quite shocked to see him there. There was much complaining about trees and mud and such though.... LOL!!! Bring it east gents, bev's, food, and pre-running are on me. I have to get out to Ca now and go wheeling. You can listen to me complain about the LACK of trees and all the sand!!!

I was following you guys during the EMC race too, awesome job gents. I am glad to see that they gave you the 2nd place trophy. I thought it was funny that out of all those TJ's, JK's, YJ's etc... 1st went to a WJ, and 2nd went to an XJ. I really need to get out there and experience this for myself. Hopefully next year.

Excellent idea!!! Believe it or not, Richard has been to RC, co-dawging for Fred Hill (I think) a few years ago now. I was quite shocked to see him there. There was much complaining about trees and mud and such though.... LOL!!! Bring it east gents, bev's, food, and pre-running are on me. I have to get out to Ca now and go wheeling. You can listen to me complain about the LACK of trees and all the sand!!!

I was following you guys during the EMC race too, awesome job gents. I am glad to see that they gave you the 2nd place trophy. I thought it was funny that out of all those TJ's, JK's, YJ's etc... 1st went to a WJ, and 2nd went to an XJ. I really need to get out there and experience this for myself. Hopefully next year.

x2.

I'll be sure to get down to RC if you guys head out this way. I hope to get out there next year as well.

I still have PA mud stains on my race suit from RC. Fun trip. Cracked me up that you guys hit the gas for mud puddles and we slam on the brakes. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

x3 i'll come out to see you guys at RC

Charlene, it's always good to see you at the races. :)

I didn't know you were a NAXJA vendor, thanks for the support.

We plan on racing the Western Series, so I'm sure we'll see you out there.

Nice pic.

Richard G

Back