• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dicks Divorce Causing XJ Build

Pretty much.

After some searching it appears that power mode just feeds pin C11 on the TCU +12V. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60369

So all you have to do is check which wire goes to pin C11, and wire that one to the +12V ignition switched power to the TCU instead of the switch. Then you can use the switch for whatever you want that requires a +12V or ground to control... I'd probably rig it up with a relay as a manual override for the electric cooling fan.

Good luck installing that Vinyl flooring. It looks NOTHING like the picture when you get it. It brings the SUCK. Its great once you get it in and trimmed and it starts laying flat, but be prepared to spend several hours with it.

Good luck installing that Vinyl flooring. It looks NOTHING like the picture when you get it. It brings the SUCK. Its great once you get it in and trimmed and it starts laying flat, but be prepared to spend several hours with it.

haha. your build thread on the expedition site is what made me buy it haha. i figure it will be a pain in the ass, and ill follow the directions by letting it sit flat and relaxing. it gets to about 90 degrees easy during the day in my garage so that should help, and i do have a heat gun to help with the process. you have a pretty sick rig by the way.

do you mind me askin, how much did you pay for that rack/tent setup you have? i know it was for the yota, but im curious what the cost would be.

haha. your build thread on the expedition site is what made me buy it haha. i figure it will be a pain in the ass, and ill follow the directions by letting it sit flat and relaxing. it gets to about 90 degrees easy during the day in my garage so that should help, and i do have a heat gun to help with the process. you have a pretty sick rig by the way.

do you mind me askin, how much did you pay for that rack/tent setup you have? i know it was for the yota, but im curious what the cost would be.

Oh ok... cool so you saw my issues with it LOL...

Like I said, I REALLY like it now that its installed, but it was not fun. :D The hot arse summer we are having will help tremendously in getting it to lay down right. I installed mine in the grey cold fall of Germany.

The rack, I built, so it didnt cost me anything other than materials. I actually gave it to a friend here in Atlanta since I no longer needed it for the tent (I built a trailer and put it on there) The tent, changing room, and 8 foot awning I bought all together, and they cost me about 400 euros (was living in Europe at the time) which was about $700 at the time. I saved quite a bit of money on it since I bought it from a distributor in Germany that I happened to live fairly close to. I picked it up from them, so I didnt have to pay shipping, and I am a US citizen so I didnt have to pay taxes (19% over there!!).

You can buy the same tents, awning, and changing room from www.campinglab.com. They are one of the US distributors now. The prices however are much higher than what I paid.

i got the rest of my floors in yesterday. im taking a half day at work today to go home and finish the floors. im pretty excited. should be a good weekend for working on the heep too. maxes out at 805 tomorrow, and then its getting into the 40's at night. the weather is perfect right now. hopefully it lasts a while.

ill update my progress with pics along the way while i finish it this weekend. once i get the vinyl stuff, ill start the storage compartment build. thats gonna be one of my favorite things.

well the floors are in it. all screwed down. one side sealed on the inside, the rest will be sealed tomorrow. its late and im tired haha.

this is where i had to make an additional cut to make the driverside rear fit correctly. since i had to push the front one up so far, it made a small gap in between the two pieces laying down the way it was supposed to. so i made an additional cut and it fit like a glove

CIMG0204.jpg

this is the stuff i used to seal it. it was the strongest adhesive stuff i could find that was weather and water proof and could withstand heat and cold.

CIMG0210.jpg

heres how it looks sealed up.

CIMG0205.jpg

CIMG0206.jpg

lastly. the passenger rear. i messed up and ordered a front driverside one so i didnt get an actual passenger rear. but i turned it around, beat it flat, and made it work. thankfully the back wasnt too cancerous so most of that floor was there and all the hole was covered. i was really relieved haha.

CIMG0212.jpg

floors are done. minus the vinyl stuff.

this is it completed with spray on liner to finish it off

stump, i got my vinyl stuff in today. wansnt too cold in the truck apparently so its already pretty flexible, but its out in the garage laying flat making it easier for me to do. i need to install it by thursday because its gonna start getting cold at night this weekend. looks in good quality and they gave me a lot of sound deadning stuff too. didnt expect 5-6 large pieces. ill finish sealing the underside next week as i wont have time with camping this weekend

CIMG0221.jpg

stump, i got my vinyl stuff in today. wansnt too cold in the truck apparently so its already pretty flexible, but its out in the garage laying flat making it easier for me to do. i need to install it by thursday because its gonna start getting cold at night this weekend. looks in good quality and they gave me a lot of sound deadning stuff too. didnt expect 5-6 large pieces. ill finish sealing the underside next week as i wont have time with camping this weekend

Yeah man, its tough stuff. I have beat on mine for about 2 years now, and havent had any trouble. If I put a little simple green and scrub brush on it, it looks like I just installed it. Super easy to clean up.

Post up some pics when you get done with it!

~ Stump

ok. got my front interior done and re assmebled. now all i have to do is patch a couple holes with some fiberglass and i can start building the storage box. im pretty happy with the outcome of the stuff i ordered. if i took more time installing it, i could probably have made it look better, but i dont really care if theres a few waves in the floor. it will either flatten its self out, or it wont and i dont care cause my feet are on it haha. and ill have some of the heavy duty floor mats down too. i forgot how my interior went back together for a minute haha, so it took a little bit to get the center console together. though, even with me forgetting for a minute, it was way easier to get that center console on than it was to get it off.

here goes. im pretty happy to see an interior inside again. its been since the first week i bought it that its had an interior in it. here goes:

CIMG0229.jpg

CIMG0230.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

Cool man, glad you got it in. It will indeed lay down, but it will take a little while. The heat off the trans hump and exhaust area will help. Mine is nice and flat now, but it looked just like yours when I put it in.

~ Stump

It will indeed lay down, but it will take a little while. The heat off the trans hump and exhaust area will help.

Yeah, it will be about 800 degrees in there.

I took out my rotten, smelly and dirty carpet and replaced it with vinyl. I ran it for about a year and never really liked it. It layed down well enough, but I never fell in love with the way it looked/felt. The biggest thing for me was the heat was terrible. This past spring I was walking through a yard and found some decent carpet. I pulled it, cleaned it and put it in my XJ. I am much happier with it now.

just some quick updates, im finishing the repairs of the floors in the jeep this weekend. some small holes where the drain plugs were and one other hole in the cargo area . like 4-5 small holes is all.

also, ill have my aussie locker here in about 3 weeks. the 8.25 ive got is in the garage ready for it to go in. im pretty happy about that.

lastly, ive got a quots saved with 4wd.com for a rockhard front bumper, re 3.5 superflex full pack kit, 33x10.50x15 km2's and some re twin tubes for all around. shipped to my work for $2022.00 that should complete my suspension build for a while. once i get the lift and tires on, ill be cutting up where i need to to make the tires fit and not rub. also, then ill bumpstop it where i need to.

just eanted to give an update. id ask, if yall know anything front bumper wise that is the same priice(379) and is better than the rock hard front with the two d-ring mounts let me know. i dont plan to put a winch on it, so i didnt worry about that right now. let me know. thanks.

Yeah, it will be about 800 degrees in there.

I took out my rotten, smelly and dirty carpet and replaced it with vinyl. I ran it for about a year and never really liked it. It layed down well enough, but I never fell in love with the way it looked/felt. The biggest thing for me was the heat was terrible. This past spring I was walking through a yard and found some decent carpet. I pulled it, cleaned it and put it in my XJ. I am much happier with it now.
That was my exact same experience with my vinyl flooring. Ended up getting a carpet kit out of a junkyard, having a friend clean it and installed it for basically the amount shipping cost me on the vinyl kit.

Cut my interior temps by 3/4 switching back to the carpet even without the insulation, and looks better IMHO. Glad you like the vinyl though. :thumbup:

thanks. we'll see whats what. worst case is if i dont like it ill sell it to a buddy with an xj and get new carpet. you see stump earlier in the posts, hes got his, and loves it. how build thread somewhere else is what got me to buy it. and its durability. and its not carpet haha. carpet for me = fear of more rust. even if its just mental, i feel like ill keep the rust at bay longer with this cause it wont be hit from both sides, just the bottom.

another update. my 35 is now out of the truck(just cur the u-bolts cause theres no way they were coming off) sold it yesterday. it paid for my 8.25 i bought a while back so thats cool. im gonna get up under there and do some preventative stuff for rust. theres some surface rust and while its out, theres not a better time. maybe give a little longer life to a truck in the rust belt haha.

and ill get there to seal the bottoms of the floors too. havent done that yet. then, the following week its being shipped off to my buddies shop to get the not starting right problem fixed.

so things on order:

bumper, sliders, lift/shocks, wheels/tires and locker.

im 6 weeks away from it all here and going on. getting pretty ancy

oh, and i fiberglassed the rest of the holes in the cargo area. so besides building the cargo box, its ready to go. im damn excited!

Back