• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dicks Divorce Causing XJ Build

Does anyone have any pics of those flexy flares on an XJ? They dont have any pics of the actual shape of them anywhere.

Otherwise, dick, be sure and post a shot of yours once they get mounted.

Does anyone have any pics of those flexy flares on an XJ? They dont have any pics of the actual shape of them anywhere.

Otherwise, dick, be sure and post a shot of yours once they get mounted.

will do. ill more than likely be attaching them top the actual stock flare. depends how far the 12.50 sticks out with the 4.00 backspacing. hopefully they are ok w/o having to be attached to the flare, but i think the tire will be too wide for them. i dont really care either way. im building this to be driven down the street. and wheeled. not to win a beauty contest haha. and for $44 its hard to beat.

oh and it comes in a large strip. 2 58" strips, to be exact, per box. in the shape as what it lokos like on the site. you have to cut relief cuts so it curves.

damn. quadratec got me my parts in less than 24 hrs. looks like youll need 2 sets of those rubber flexy flares. not enough length in the two pieces. at least not for the whole flare. or even most of it. so ill be ordering more tomorrow. seems to be real thick and durable. but you WILL need a heat gun to install these things correctly. unless its a million degrees it wont be pliable enough to move around. ill post up pictures when i get back from wings.

the pictures of those flares looked like a heavy garden edger... i'm interested in seeing some pics...

oh and the only good performance i've seen from a procomp tire are from their stickies...

That's what I was mostly wondering about. How they install so that you can get some "tighter" corners since there isnt much round about the XJ. good tip on one order not being enough. Still way cheap compared to BW flares.

alright some updates. got the front fenders cut. rears cut and folded. flares mounted front and rear. and the flexy flares installed. these things are ok. if you take a lot of time and pay close attention, you could make these things look good. i, however dont really give a damn about looks and am just wanting it to pass inspection. i cut enough up front to fit 33's with no lift. so ill have plenty of room when i get the lift on. everything went pretty well with it. so that was good. enough talk, heres some pics. ill try to get them in order..

fronts.

CIMG0264.jpg

the mounts were all gone.

CIMG0265.jpg

heres the template with tape

CIMG0266.jpg

heres finished.

CIMG0268.jpg

rest including pics of those flares.

rears done
CIMG0279.jpg

front with that flexy flare on

CIMG0276.jpg

another angle

CIMG0277.jpg

one from the side

CIMG0278.jpg

rear from underneath. you can see the cuts and folded parts

CIMG0280.jpg

and this is where it sits. waiting on some ubolts and spring plates from a buddy. ill get the 8.25 hung then off to another buddy to get it running right. then in 12 days ill be ordering the lift and tires and then its lift party time!!

CIMG0282.jpg

I think that just having the one flair on the front look A LOT better, but you gotta do what you gotta do for the inspection. It would might look a little better to paint the rear bolts to black so they will blend in with the flairs.

yeah I'm definitely not winning best of show with this thing haha. And I wish I could run no flares. That would be really nice. But pa is full of homo cops that will pull you over if your not covered. And I'm not spending 350+ on flares.

I like the shiny bolts. I'm actually gonna end up doing that to the fronts too. I like em shiny till they rust anyways haha

builds over.

its all for sale.

if anyones near pittsburgh. come get it.

wtf? what happened? you were diving in for the addiction fast and now this?

ummm, what?!

that's an abrupt change :(

i like how we all bombarded this thread at the exact same time...

fiance decided she doesnt love me anymore. so im moving back to Texas whenever i can. all shit i cant pack or ship goes. and im not shipping a jeep to somewhere i cant store it. and theres nowhere to wheel in texas.

Shitty man, sorry to hear.
I say load up the Jeep and drive it down, their chapter will be glad to have ya.

that blows :( there's a pretty good chapter going down there, apparently a decent number of places to wheel... I'd say pack as much as you can into it and tow it behind a ryder van but it's your jeep.

Did you quit your job or something? Thought you were pretty much tied down in PA.

girls... can't live with em, can't live without em.

sorry to hear that, i was hoping to see this build go far.

thanks yall. my jeep is nowhere near ready to go to texas. ive got a dd(07 ford fusion) that will go wherever i go. i havent quit my job. yet. ill be getting a bonus next week that with that the sale of everything i cant take with me, will more than pay for me to move home. and with what i do, ive always got a job. so ill just move home till i find out what i want to do with my life after this

thanks yall. my jeep is nowhere near ready to go to texas. ive got a dd(07 ford fusion) that will go wherever i go. i havent quit my job. yet. ill be getting a bonus next week that with that the sale of everything i cant take with me, will more than pay for me to move home. and with what i do, ive always got a job. so ill just move home till i find out what i want to do with my life after this

buy a rust free jeep and start over!!!:guitar:

Back